Windsheild Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I am getting curious to try the Rain-clear and their anti-fog for interior windows....

Don't use the anti-fog! It will turn your windows into shower doors.

Originally Posted By: Superflop
Rainx seems to shorten wiper life so i stay away. Aquapel is awesome stuff is equally effective in the rain as it is with ice in the morning. Aquapel can be gotten cheaply on rockauto (about half retail price ) and last about 6 months an application.. which makes it superior to rainx in pretty much every way. You most likely wont find it in stores though as the formula was purchased by trico and it is now called "trico view"

I had the exact opposite experience with Aquapel. I didn't see where it did anything. IMO, Rain-X works much better...I also haven't noticed Rain-X shortening the life of wiper blades...

I generally use the orange -20F fluid, get gasoline at the truck stops- sometimes, and use their squegee and they usually (if not always) have primo solution in the bucket.

Other than that, and cleaning with car soap when you wash your car....I will take 'something' and clean the entire wiper blade & assembly- it seems to help a lot!

Rain-X has been flawless for me for years, but I do things the right way.

I first clean my windows with denatured alcohol (1:32 mix), and then apply the Rain-X to a haze. I splash a little water on, and wipe away.

I usually go about 6-9 months between applications.

Wiper life has not suffered, but I only use premium beam blade wipers. Can't say anything about economy wipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back