More Takata recall: Ford Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire Takata recall has been an absolute cluster. The recall that covers my Mustang still has no parts for it. All the calls are getting transferred to me and I am practically getting death threats from customers. All I tell them is there is no ETA, and to call Ford and complain.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The entire Takata recall has been an absolute cluster. The recall that covers my Mustang still has no parts for it. All the calls are getting transferred to me and I am practically getting death threats from customers. All I tell them is there is no ETA, and to call Ford and complain.
Blame the parts guy!!.

Ya is great. Mazda has all their airbags on a restricted status. We have to go to a special screen and enter the VIN and RO to order. Like if a VIN was already used, we have to call into Mazda and beg them to send us one. Well I get a call and it is a 3-way call with a customer and a Mazda service rep. The Mazda rep asked why we didn't have the airbags in stock. Unfortunately it was a very stressful day for me, and my normal censor wasn't operating at maximum capacity so I said "because you dumb m-fr's put in this stupid system and won't let us stock them to take care of the customer." Phone call was quickly ended.

When was the Mustang recalled? I had both my Honda's done way back in October without issue.

Ya is great. Mazda has all their airbags on a restricted status. We have to go to a special screen and enter the VIN and RO to order. Like if a VIN was already used, we have to call into Mazda and beg them to send us one. Well I get a call and it is a 3-way call with a customer and a Mazda service rep. The Mazda rep asked why we didn't have the airbags in stock. Unfortunately it was a very stressful day for me, and my normal censor wasn't operating at maximum capacity so I said "because you dumb m-fr's put in this stupid system and won't let us stock them to take care of the customer." Phone call was quickly ended.
I like your style.
10.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

When was the Mustang recalled? I had both my Honda's done way back in October without issue.

About a year or so ago. The 05-07 14B09 recall has been out for a bit, but they added more vehicles under the 15S21 recall and recalled the 14B09 recall. However we are still supposed to replace the 14B09 cars with known defective parts.

Guess I'm lucky that two of my cars affected by the recall were taken care of relatively smoothly months ago.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I don't understand why the media is only just now reporting this. I received the recall notice for my Ranger several months ago.

There are a couple recalls on the Ranger. The latest one, 16S03 is just an advance notice with no parts yet available.

My Corolla got recalled again for this. This is the 3rd or 4th time. Now, they want to change out the SRS ECU.

Why is Takata still in business? I am surprised a different company hasnt ramped up production for airbags and taken all the business.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Why is Takata still in business? I am surprised a different company hasnt ramped up production for airbags and taken all the business.

There is no money in it for another company. Airbags that did cost $800 are now going for $25 because there is a recall.

Unfortunately it was a very stressful day for me, and my normal censor wasn't operating at maximum capacity so I said "because you dumb m-fr's put in this stupid system and won't let us stock them to take care of the customer." Phone call was quickly ended.

If I was your customer, and you said that on my behalf... I'd make sure you had a free case of beer in your possession, ASAP.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Unfortunately it was a very stressful day for me, and my normal censor wasn't operating at maximum capacity so I said "because you dumb m-fr's put in this stupid system and won't let us stock them to take care of the customer." Phone call was quickly ended.

If I was your customer, and you said that on my behalf... I'd make sure you had a free case of beer in your possession, ASAP.

Thanks. Ya literally my goal is to make sure people can't complain about anything I have done. Price complaints aren't my problem, but the fact that I can't have a part to take care of a customer annoys me to no end.

I got a call from Ford Corporate once about a bill from a body shop that we sold parts to who did a repair on an executive's car (this body shop regularly does cover cars for Hot Rod). They asked why there was a core charge on a bumper cover and I said "I'm not the one who should be swallowing a shotgun who thought it was a good idea" I was called into the principal's office over that one.

"I'm not the one who should be swallowing a shotgun who thought it was a good idea" I was called into the principal's office over that one.

I'm crying! If I ever make it down that way for any reason I have to meet up.

I almost got a job at Takata making inflators. Lol. Couldn't find my diploma so missed out.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
"I'm not the one who should be swallowing a shotgun who thought it was a good idea" I was called into the principal's office over that one.

I'm crying! If I ever make it down that way for any reason I have to meet up.

I almost got a job at Takata making inflators. Lol. Couldn't find my diploma so missed out.

I normally am really good at censoring myself, but sometimes my grandfather's sense of humor comes out.

Thanks. Ya literally my goal is to make sure people can't complain about anything I have done. Price complaints aren't my problem, but the fact that I can't have a part to take care of a customer annoys me to no end.

I got a call from Ford Corporate once about a bill from a body shop that we sold parts to who did a repair on an executive's car (this body shop regularly does cover cars for Hot Rod). They asked why there was a core charge on a bumper cover and I said "I'm not the one who should be swallowing a shotgun who thought it was a good idea" I was called into the principal's office over that one.

I hear that. I had a similar instance with GM over a delayed part on a Silverado...some kind of module but I don't remember which one. A corporate customer service rep called me asking why I had not obtained the part for the truck in town. By that time I had exhausted all options I had for a warranty repair part, so I went off and told her that I would have already obtained one in town a long time ago had one been available, and that I had already attempted a SPAC case (request through GM corporate to buy from any dealer in the country), and that it was GM who was dragging their feet. Never heard another word about it. The part showed up I think the next day, lol.

Thankfully we only had to deal with the Takata mess on Mitsubishis, which we even more thankfully no longer carry. We had some issues too when the recall got recalled on Raiders.

Last edited:
I wrote my us senator. He got me results. Ppl should try this. Car companies are fearful of vote seeking officials and media glare.

In response to exranger06, I got a recall notice in July for my 2006 Ranger, but it was for the passenger side only. Letter said they would notify me when parts were available.....still waiting!!!! My Ranger has the option to turn the passenger airbag on or off (for when you're hauling a kid in front), but I haven't turned it off yet (don't tell my wife--and all our kids are grown).

I think what Takata and the car manufacturers are doing is playing the waiting game---hoping everyone's vehicle will be in the junkyard (or at least half of them) so they can save a ton of money on replacing airbags. Just disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back