shock absorbers - '08 F150 4X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
for quality shocks for a STOCK 2008 F150 4X4 approaching 50K miles would like to upgrade since I have to keep the truck for a while ..... any suggestions ?

thanks

50k miles on an 8+ year old truck? Poor thing never gets driven lol.

A lot of people recommend Bilsteins for trucks.

There could be some spring shock/strut rebates coming up in a few months. Might be worth the wait.

agree.....was stationed a mile from home the last 5 years of my career in the Philly FD :)

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
50k miles on an 8+ year old truck? Poor thing never gets driven lol.

A lot of people recommend Bilsteins for trucks.

Bilsteins are great, with lifetime warranty. Right now have the Gabriel white shocks (Pro I think?)top of their line-up, and they work fine. I got them from Rock Auto for a song, and had a $20 rebate off each as well. AAP with codes you can make out, as well. Watch for the spring rebates coming as someone said. No reason to pay full price for shocks.

Last edited:
Gabriel Ultra. I bought mine at Autozone and got them to honor a $20.00 off $100.00 Pep Boys coupon I printed off the Pep Boys web site. Gabriel Ultra is an excellent quality shock with great ride, braking and handling.

If you are using your truck like a car, any name brand shock will do. If you tow, haul, off road, etc then spend more for bilsteins, fox, etc.

Bilstein 5100s. You can adjust the rake in the front to level the truck and the ride cannot be beat. I put a set in my 2010 FX4 and the ride difference was dramatic.

Why rush to replace shocks with such low mileage? Keep using them til one goes bad.. than replace them all. You can likely get to over 100k miles before needing them.

Bilstein HD is a great shock. You can usually get a good price on shox.com

Other good choices are Gabriel Max Control, Monroe Reflex, and KYB MonoMax.

Another vote for KYB MonoMax. I liked them a lot in my Dakota Quad Cab. I'm a a fan of the Monroe Gas Magnum for heavy vehicles. Was not happy with Monroe Sensa Trac or Bilsteins in my regular cab Dakota.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Bilstein 5100s. You can adjust the rake in the front to level the truck and the ride cannot be beat. I put a set in my 2010 FX4 and the ride difference was dramatic.

Such a huge upgrade for any truck.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

This^ Read it over and over on the F150 forums I frequent. Worth the investment and my plan when the time comes.

A year ago or so ago I replaced the shocks on my 2002 F-150 long bed with Rancho 5000's. I'm very pleased with the ride quality, no matter what the road is like. The ride is well controlled and smooth but comfortably firm. I got the 4 for the price of 3 at Advanced Auto. With their constant discount codes you can probably do even better.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back