Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20 and Bigfoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found the PUP on the Wal-mart website for $27 but it is 5w-20. My trucks calls for 0w-20 but how much of a difference can they be between the 2?

There is no difference between 5W20 and 0W20 for Florida climate, but since your truck is new and it is still under warranty then you should stay with 0W20.

You can get 0w-20 for $36.50 with subscribe and save on amazon for a single 5 quart jug, still way more expensive then the $28 for other grades. You can get another 15% off if you have 5 subscribe and save delivered the same time to bring it down to $31.03, so about $155.15 for 5 5 quart jugs subscribed and delivered at the same time, and then cancel your subscriptions after delivery.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
if you call that number they will tell you all the places to buy that oil but there wont be any reasonable priced stores like wal mart because wal mart only sells what people buy a lot of and most people don't want oil that costs that much.. Also if you noticed they dont put lots of pennzoil and quaker state on the shelves because the jugs leak... Ask a manager they will tell you.

I know. Jugs & shelves soaked in oil has prevented me from purchasing Pennzoil conventional & High Mileage a few times... I've never had a leaky Platinum jug, just the conventional & high mileage.

Last time I tried to buy Pennzoil HM, the jugs were soaked in oil as well as the shelf. So I put it back & then decided I'd just get conventional, same deal. So I opted for Mobil Super HM instead. I don't know if Pennzoil has lost a sale to anyone else because of the leaking, but they lost my purchase that day.

I emailed Pennzoil and asked them where I could buy PP 15W50 in my area and they told me Kroger haha!

I have seen it just once in a Wal-Mart here in North Texas but what I still have not seen any where the Full Synthetic Platinum High Mileage does it even exist anymore.

Pennzoil has never been a champion of rolling out oils quickly through their distribution network.

I purchased a 2010 Camry and couldn't find a Pennzoil 0W-20 of any kind until a couple years later.

It was TGMO during that period.

On the plus side, 0W-20 PP is outstanding. The Camrys just love that oil and deliver smooth and quiet operation with a discernible gas mileage premium.

I know, I know. No one really sees improved gas mileage from a fuel saving oil. But I'd swear it's there compared to PU 5W-20 and TGMO 0W-20 in the same car.

My 4 cyl. 2011 Camry averaged 31 MPG on a recent trip to FL. And my son was using the A/C for the whole time. On that same trip, 29 MPG was the best I could eek out with 5W-20 PU.

For some reason, dino Havoline 5W-20 is pretty miserly too, yielding 31 MPG on that same 1200 mile trip.

You think they'd be able to. But, one never knows. Imperial Oil took forever to get SN/GF-5 out up here. CI-4 lubricants disappeared almost immediately, and CJ-4 stuff was on their shelves very, very early.

Just go with PP and call it good. In fact...it is plenty good. You'll still be putting what I feel is a "supreme" line of lubricant into your baby. Its like choosing between filet minot and prime rib.

Just FYI, I just bought a bunch of PUP 0w-20 on the Wal-Mart site for $6 something per 1 quart. When I went to bed last night the 1 quart containers was almost $9. I loaded up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back