Subaru OEM or wix or fram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any preferences? Should price be the deciding factor? I found a YouTube video on how to change it and it looks relatively easy to do on an Impreza.

The prices being charged by the dealership to do this is absolutely egregious.

Is that for your Impreza with FB engine?

On my '02 Forester with EJ, I used aftermarket air filters: engine and cabin. Ran Fram in the engine and NPN or Mann in the cabin. Worked great as far as I know.

It is a 15 Impreza with 2.0 engine. Cabin filter is what the topic is.

Originally Posted By: Padawan
Apologies - I mistakenly thought the thread was about oil filters.
Oops. I did too.

I use Wix air filters as well.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: Padawan
Apologies - I mistakenly thought the thread was about oil filters.
Oops. I did too.

Why are you guys apologizing?

The OP's poorly-written subject line and first post not only omitted whether air or oil, but even failed to mention that he was talking about a filter at all; you had to infer that from his brand names.

The section heading I posted under is cabin air filters. There is a separate listing for both air filters and oil filters. Most would correctly assume the obvious,but your point is well taken. I will strive for more clarity in the future.

Originally Posted By: Joe1
The section heading I posted under is cabin air filters. There is a separate listing for both air filters and oil filters. Most would correctly assume the obvious

Yes, but that would depend on where one saw the post to begin with.

I first noticed your post in the "Recent Topics" sidebar to the left of the message pane. The "Recent Topics" sidebar does not give the section the post is in, so one needs to remember to check for that (which I neglected to do) when viewing the message itself. So it does help when the message has a descriptive Subject line.

Very good point. I wasn't thinking about the recent topics. Yet another reason to provide a clear description in the subject.

Originally Posted By: Joe1
Any preferences? Should price be the deciding factor? I found a YouTube video on how to change it and it looks relatively easy to do on an Impreza.

The prices being charged by the dealership to do this is absolutely egregious.

Yes, easy to DIY and shop by price. It's not like a pressurized 100% air tight system or anything. They just keep the majority of dust & pollen out if the windows & sunroof are closed.
thumbsup2.gif

A lot of folks on legacygt.com are replacing the filter material with a decent furnace filter cut to fit the plastic tray. Way cheaper route to go, and you can use the activated charcoal ones too.

I would imagine Subaru being Subaru, the cabin filters are the same across the line.

You can get several cabin filters from one furnace filter purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back