Superbowl picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will win the Superbowl, Panthers or the Broncos? Panthers offense or Broncos defense? I'm picking the Panthers.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Hard to see the Panthers losing.

+1 and being a Pats fan I hope Carolina destroys Denver like Seattle did a couple years ago. Didn't matter what AFC team made it to the superbowl, Carolina is going to destroy them. Newton is playing out of his mind this season. 33-17

Cam Newton won't sit in the pocket like Brady, so the Denver D may not look quite as stout. That being said, if the Pats kick an extra point....or a field goal on 4th down with 6 minutes left, even Brady having a bad day likely moves on to the SB. I think this is Carolina's year...and I think they'll cover.

If Cam has the fun he had on Sunday Night, it is going to be a blow out game. Peyton is past his prime and I just don't think he is capable of pulling a win off against a team like Carolina.

Carolina played Arizona like a dog plays with a stuffed toy.

I'm not a Carolina fan, but I think they will take the big game. Of course I didn't think the Broncos would beat the Pats either, and look how that one turned out.

Long term forecast indicates a good possibility of rain for the Super Bowl - Levi's is not domed. To me, that raises the odds of a free for all if that comes to pass. Either way, I'd go with Carolina.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
Long term forecast indicates a good possibility of rain for the Super Bowl - Levi's is not domed. To me, that raises the odds of a free for all if that comes to pass. Either way, I'd go with Carolina.

Let's hope... I like inclement weather for bowl games.

I think Carolina will win but I think it's going to be closer than most people think. They blew out Arizona but I attribute a lot of that to Carson Palmer playing like garbage.

When it comes down to it I think Carolina's defense will actually win the game. With the Panthers on offense I think it will be a close matchup, but I don't think the Broncos offense is going to be able to put up enough points.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky

Let's hope... I like inclement weather for bowl games.

It does make it interesting if there's enough wet stuff to throw Vegas odds out the window. They've fixed the turf at Levi's which was a big issue last year so things should be OK if it does rain. I live in the SF Bay Area and it's rained more in the last month or so than it has in the previous two years, so I'm expecting rain at this point.

Super Bowl Champion Carolina Panthers!

I felt Seattle was their biggest hurdle in the playoffs. I think the Broncos would have a better chance starting Brock Osweiler.

Also, I thought long term weather forecast only went 10 days ahead. The game is 12 days away.

The only team that can beat CAR is themselves by letting up on the throttle when they get big leads...unfortunately for DEN, I don't think they have enough offensive firepower to come back from a big deficit even if CAR does let up...I think CAR wins this in a blowout...

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
Super Bowl Champion Carolina Panthers!

I felt Seattle was their biggest hurdle in the playoffs. I think the Broncos would have a better chance starting Brock Osweiler.

Also, I thought long term weather forecast only went 10 days ahead. The game is 12 days away.

Nope. There's such a thing as long term forecasts. The latest 14 day from the National Weather Service has February 7th as cloudy with possible rain. They also have the following Monday 2/8 as sunny...so obviously with this long to go, it may change.

There's a lot of Super Bowl weather coverage in the Bay Area and there's even the stat that in normal years it's rained on that day something like 65 percent of the time. Being that it's an El Nino year and the NWS says there's a 33 percent greater chance of rain than normal for the period that includes 2/7, there's a good chance it might be raining.

I still don't know why they just don't play every Super Bowl in a domed stadium.

The Super Bowl should be an annual event in Green Bay.

I expect Carolina to win one of the most one-sided Super Bowls ever played...probably over well before halftime.

If it rains, it rains on both teams. I don't see that it matters one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back