Knock/Slap on 2010 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lately, when I'm going slow (less than 5MPH), whether I'm turning or not, I can get a noise coming from my front end.

It's really hard to describe. Also, it's not loud enough to record either.

Seems that something might be loose, because I hear it most often when I transition from a parking lot to the road, or from the road to my driveway. It usually makes 2-4 slaps/knocks per event.

My first thought was that the hood rod was loose and banging around. But it's not. Can brake pads become loose and cause a "slap"? Anyone ever experience something like this? It's driving me nuts.

Early Ridgelines would break the mounting flange on the long windshield washer reservoir neck, and that piece would rattle, causing a knocking sound. Brake pads can rattle in the their abutments, but this is most often heard when transitioning from forward to reverse (or vice versa). Check stabilizer bar end links carefully. It could also be a strut or strut bump stop.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Is it maybe a CV axle?

+1 go drive in a figure 8 in a parking lot see if you get clicking and knocking. It could also be a broken control arm bushing or strut or stabilizer bar link.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Phishin
I hear it most often when I transition from a parking lot to the road, or from the road to my driveway.

Does it happen only when one wheel has the suspension compressed more than the other side? If so that sounds like a stabilizer bar end link or stabilizer bar bushing to me.

A cold engine in the winter can make a knocking/slapping noise when just starting out on the road.

If it goes away when warm its probably nothing to worry about. A hot knock is bad.

There's a TSB for this condition. The issue is with the lower ball joints; there is a revised part available for the issue.

I think the TSB is A12-082. I'll have to check later today.

It's not an engine knock. Not coming from inside the engine. Some is "clunking".

Tonight I'll drive it around an empty lot in an 8 to see if I can observe any patterns.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
It's not an engine knock. Not coming from inside the engine. Some is "clunking".

Tonight I'll drive it around an empty lot in an 8 to see if I can observe any patterns.

If it's a bad cvj on a Honda it will grind or click in a figure 8 and turning into a driveway apron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back