2016 Impala

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with my Daughter and son in law to the Chevy dealer.
Their plan was to buy a Malibu.While looking at the Malibu's he spotted a 2016 Impala LT2 midnight black edition and fell in love. About $10K more in love.
So they bought it.
I have never been in love with exterior styling.It's OK but just a little too GM conservative.
But what a fine job they did on the interior. Just great.
The car rode as smooth as silk and was very quiet.And the 305 HP moved this large car real quick.
For an MSRP of $37K it should.

Congrats to him! I think they look bloated and ugly but styling is subjective.

Last edited:
For $37K they ought to call it Caprice.Oh yea,you cant have one of those...

Originally Posted By: marine65

For an MSRP of $37K it should.

So, how much was it?
smile.gif

Hope they really enjoy it. I'm driving a '14 Impala LT rental car right now, and it also is very smooth and quiet. For a 6 cylinder, the power comes on very nice. The info system is loaded with menus. and menus and more menus. Very cumbersome to work through them all.

And the interior is, well, sort of nice. When I first got the car, the wrap around dash really struck me as attractive. But the more I look at it every day the less I care for it. It feels very typical GM, and in some ways no different than GM cars they were building 20 years ago.

The view out the rear window via the rear view mirror is lousy! I can't even see the headlights of cars close behind me at a traffic light. This isn't helped much by huge c-pillars that create blind spots.

Hopefully your daughter's LT2 came with different tires than the LT I'm driving. It has Firestone Firehawk GT tires. They are without a doubt the worst all season tires I have ever driven in the snow.

I know all the auto magazines raved about the new Impala when it was introduced. But I'm convinced they didn't drive one long enough to find out what they are really like. But your experience may vary.

I rented one and really enjoyed it! The v6 is the best choice..it can move fast! Interior is also very nice. Outside meh..and price yuck..if i had the money id definitely get one..but i do think they are overpriced..even leasing one is expensive..

I really like them. The front end looks really great. And the rest of the car looks decent, especially in a dark color. I've sat in one and was pretty impressed. I'd definitely want the 3.6 though! But for how cheap the `12s and `13s are, I'd probably go that route.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Hope they really enjoy it. I'm driving a '14 Impala LT rental car right now, and it also is very smooth and quiet. For a 6 cylinder, the power comes on very nice. The info system is loaded with menus. and menus and more menus. Very cumbersome to work through them all.

If you can re-program the infotainment system to display only what you like to use/see on the first screen will be great.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
For $37K they ought to call it Caprice.Oh yea,you cant have one of those...

Huh? Then what is the SS sedan?

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
The Impala 1s rated a best buy by Consumer Reports. I hoped they shopped several dealers and got 20% off that 37k MSRP. What did they pay?
With "average" reliability. Average for what...GM? One can get a really nice Camry with 285 HP for less than that.

Impala is a great car, I rented one while I owned my E350 and I swear it drove every bit as nice, and I think the interior was actually a bit nicer on the Impala - and it was almost half the price!

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: oilmutt
The Impala 1s rated a best buy by Consumer Reports. I hoped they shopped several dealers and got 20% off that 37k MSRP. What did they pay?
With "average" reliability. Average for what...GM? One can get a really nice Camry with 285 HP for less than that.

Oh yes, a "really nice Camry" that in reality is just like every other Camry out there.

I had a 2015 Camry SE as a rental. Honestly, I'd kill myself if I had to own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back