Apple TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the claims that said it would change the way you watch TV I thought they were exaggerating a bit, that I'd use if as I intended.

What a great little box. No way will I ever go back to watching programs when people think I should, prime time that is past bed time, staying around to watch or record a show. Watch whatever and whenever.

Can't wait to take it to my country home where there is TV service of any kind.

It's only been a week, but a good one.

Thanks, Apple.

Some services check your IP address and can block you from receiving a specific program. What you might get in Bolivia may or may not be the same that you are able to watch now.

Last edited:
He could always get a VPN provider in the US, but I hear recently show providers are trying to crack down on that.

Odd that people providing services spend time trying to reduce the number of people who have access to it... sort of like power companies working with home owners to reduce their energy bill.

So far no problems. An $8 Netflix subscription and a $6 CBS All Access. Lots of free stuff too. (already had the Netflix on the Smart TV, but it runs without gaps on Apple). I shouldn't have wasted the money on the smart TV.

Originally Posted By: widman
So far no problems. An $8 Netflix subscription and a $6 CBS All Access. Lots of free stuff too. (already had the Netflix on the Smart TV, but it runs without gaps on Apple). I shouldn't have wasted the money on the smart TV.

What do you mean runs without gaps on Apple? Unless you are using Apple's walled garden, I don't see how you gained that much over the smart TV, and the Apple TV boxes are expensive.

It does a much better job of buffering than the top of the line LG smart TV. I have the LG with the most memory and supposedly best processor for that purpose, but without upping internet speed the apple far exceeds it.

Not sure what you mean by browser authorization window. There is no browser per se, although you can airplay to it from a phone or computer.

The track pad and siri are nice too.

Recent Apple convert, huh? I resisted for many years but once you take the plunge, then you understand all the hoopla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back