Storage options for an engine that sits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Chevy 350 (LT1) engine in a classic car that isn't finished yet, it's actually been in storage for over 10 years. Since it isn't driveable yet, I have problems with the fuel in the tank and clogging up the injectors, etc. I've tried using sta-bil, but that only lasts about a year. The engine was freshly rebuilt so I'd like to keep it from having problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions with the fuel? I've tried siphoning it out of the tank and replacing with fresh fuel every once in a while, but I don't think I'm getting all of it out. I thought about using Avgas 100LL but it has oxygen sensors...

I'd just wait until you're ready to start driving it. Once you start driving it run a full tank of fresh gasoline with maybe Techron additive in it, then maybe pull the injectors and replace each filter, seal, and cover, and maybe send them out for ultrasonic cleaning.

Not really much time and money spent compared with messing around with fuel every so often, which may or may not work.

You might not need to do anything, after a tank of clean, fresh fuel, it might run perfect.

Does 100LL last any longer than other gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back