BFG ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone using this tire now?, my 2008 F150 needs new tires, I was using the older model BFG T/A KO, have almost 50K on them and they're starting to slide a bit and 2 of them have plugs...... the KO2 is the updated version of that model.
thanks for opinions

A friend just got some on his Silverado. No real mileage on them yet though... Look good!

My brother has a set on his 2004 Tahoe. They work great in snow and mud. Not terribly loud on dry pavement. Treadlife seems about average

I was never impressed with the org. model.
It has some bad design compromises for offroad that were not
good for on-road.. and terribly overpriced.

New model looks improved and updated.

This is a very good tire for offroad and gravel roads.
Also "looks" very nice.

And apparently available in a size that fits my 2015 Forester....
49.gif

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that I have been running the KO2s for almost 3 months now. I've been very pleased with them. I replaced the factory OEM original KOs which were working okay but getting rather noisy.

But in all fairness, replacing old tires with new tires should make a big difference. It is nice having my radio at volume setting "17" instead of "25". The new tires are very quiet for an AT tire.

Also wanted to mention that I have LT285/70-17. Discount Tire initially put 35 lbs. of air in. Toyota recommends 46. I tried a variety of tire pressures and have settled on 47 as the best for me. I spun the tires easily with 50+ and mileage sucked with 44.

Have not had a chance to test them in real snow yet. Just 2" of slush, pooling water, and some Forest Service roads. Longest drive in them so far has been about 200 miles. Well behaved tires.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I was never impressed with the org. model.
It has some bad design compromises for offroad that were not
good for on-road.. and terribly overpriced.

New model looks improved and updated.

This is a very good tire for offroad and gravel roads.
Also "looks" very nice.

And apparently available in a size that fits my 2015 Forester....
49.gif

They are just a bit larger diameter and you'll have very little clearance. Less than half an inch from the inner sidewall. No rubbing, but if you need chains/cables, you'll probably need the Autosock (size 697). I haven't tried the SCC cables yet, the lowest profile they have, so I don't know if they fit. I keep meaning to test fit them, but I'm lazy.
I've lost a little gas mileage (not sure how much since now the odometer is just a hair off) and the road noise is more, but they are so much better in every type of terrain from dry to wet to snow, to off road. They are also a little over 10 pounds heaver per tire than the stock Geolanders. Heavier than the Coops ATS/3 I was also looking at.
I'm assuming you have the standard 225/60R17 and are looking at the 225/65R17.

I've had mine for about 5,000 miles. Haven't had a chance to really test them though. A couple forest roads, a little bit of surface ice, and some snow and ice just playing around going over one of the passes and stopping in some of the unplowed parking lots and roads in the mountains. That was maybe a 140-200 mile total trip.
I drive a lot on them, about 44 miles each way to and from work and they are handling fine. More road noise than the Geolanders, but nothing too bad.

Last edited:
I did decide to buy them, they go on Thursday.....I'll come back to this thread in a while and report. thanks

not in a good mood.....after about 25 miles around home I take the truck on I476 here in SE PA yesterday and at about 70 mph a serious vibration, couldn't really tell where.....I'm hoping it's just a bad balance job on one tire, back to the stealership tmrw morning.....it's always something :-(

Originally Posted By: phillyFX4
not in a good mood.....after about 25 miles around home I take the truck on I476 here in SE PA yesterday and at about 70 mph a serious vibration, couldn't really tell where.....I'm hoping it's just a bad balance job on one tire, back to the stealership tmrw morning.....it's always something :-(

Sometimes a new wheel weight gets thrown off in the first few miles.

I have heard the k02's are good. I have also been very happy with the general grabber ht , did well in the snow we had last month, just went out a bit a go. We have an inch on the ground now.

I wouldn't blame the tires themselves yet.

I've had experience with 5 sets of BFG All Terrains (the classic style) and they have all been as smooth as butter at all speeds.

I even had my 1996 Silverado that had them up to 100 mph a few times, couldn't tell they were all terrains. They felt like Michelins.

Probably a bad balance job. I have 35x12.5x17 ko2's on my f150 and they ride great. Mounted myself on beadlocks so I never even balanced them yet. Had them 3 months. Best A/T tire around and even better that they lowered the price on many sizes. Smoother and much lighter than the Toyo m/t's they I took off.

now I'm being told to have them "road force balanced" somewhere by Kennedy Ford in Conshohocken, PA ?? anyone ever hear of this ?
btwn cost(5 tires) shipping and taxes they cost me around $1600.
should I be going thru this ? tires haven't been in service for a week yet ?? any opinions ?

thanks

Sure, road force balance them, at the place where you bought them, but don't pay for it. It better be free.

Discount Tire road force balanced the Trailblazer's tires after I came back for the 4th time for a vibration.

Still somewhat has it.

thanks Nick....bought them from Tire Rack(UPS), gotta have them inspected by a Tire Rack approved Tire store and go from there.....Tire rack will "pony up" $25. per tire for the road force balance

I really like the tires.....up to about 65/70 mph ?????

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Sure, road force balance them, at the place where you bought them, but don't pay for it. It better be free.

Discount Tire road force balanced the Trailblazer's tires after I came back for the 4th time for a vibration.

Still somewhat has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back