Whuch is the better battery: Deka vs. Yuasa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip a coin. I have a dead yuasa in my R1 and use it in warm weather
smile.gif
working myself up to buy a lithium.

Dekka by far. Don't go by CCA, as DEKA will put out far more than the rated CCA. My snowmobile Dekka AGM was rated at 275, and it put out 450CCA

I have yet to kill a Deka. I have had 25 quads and still have 12. I ve tried a lot of different batteries. Some AGMs on Ebay are good, some are so junky they lasted less than 3 months. I have always had excellent luck with DEKA.

Which has more Ah? Ah = more lead. CCA = thinner plates to facilitate chemical reactions.

I prefer Ah as the starting requirements for most vehicles are way overstated, and I prefer more lead so there is more capacity.

Dekas are made by East Penn, which usually means it's a safe bet for a good battery. I have no idea about Yuasa's quality, so...

Deka Intimidator. I gave up on Yuasa batteries years ago.

A Deka should arrive activated, sealed, and ready to be installed.

Plus, the Deka has 2 bolts on each terminal (one facing the side, one facing the top), makes connecting a relay for accessories a lot easier.

I would not worry about CCA given most of us don't usually go riding when its freezing cold out.

East Penn makes a darn fine battery. I have never had an issue with Yuasa, but I know people that have. Perhaps I don't because I throw on my Battery Tender if I won't be riding for a few days.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Both are AGM and 90 bucks each. Yuasa has 270 CCA, Deka 310 if that makes much of a difference.

Where are they made? I would go with the one NOT from China, if possible.

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
Dekas are made by East Penn, which usually means it's a safe bet for a good battery. I have no idea about Yuasa's quality, so...

Yuasa is OE on many Japanese bikes, as I recall.

Indeed, every Japanese OEM manufacturer uses YUASA batteries including some other European manufacturers. They are made in the U.S and are some of the longest lasting batteries on the market. I don't have any experience with Deka batteries, but YUASA are tuff to beat unless you went with a Lithium battery.
I'm sure you'd be fine with either, but if EVERY Japanese manufacturer only uses YUASA, I think that speaks much to their quality and dependability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back