Reccomend me a good car friendly electric shaver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to save time in the morning and have long sections of empty highway on my commute I would like to use to shave.

Do they even make a shaver with a 12v plug or would I have to go rechargeable?

Thank you for any recommendations!

This is not a good ideal.

Not the distracted driving, but you know where those cut hairs are going? That is nasty!

Last edited:
Anytime you have to stop for 1 minute would be more than enough time to complete a shave. There's no need for a 12v plug in as any quality rechargeable is good for 1-2 weeks of shaves. They usually recommend draining it down a ways rather than float charging to optimize battery life.

I bought my triple headed Philips/Norelco for $26 after discount/rebate from Kohls last year. It was listed for $78 originally. It's the 4th or 5th one I've owned with each lasting about 8-10 years. It's a friendly razor for wherever you take it. Recharge it at home (or on the road if you're a business traveler) every 1-2 weeks. I've yet to pay more than $30 for any of them.

The "foil" type of electric shaver I tried a decade and a half ago seemed to catch everything in the foil.

I know someone would call it distracted driving, but it would be nothing compared to the drivers texting, double fisting mcburgers, reading books, and typing on laptops I see all the time.

you can shave by touch so there would be no taking eyes off the road. It would be a one hand operation no more distracting than shifting my manual transmission.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Anytime you have to stop for 1 minute would be more than enough time to complete a shave. There's no need for a 12v plug in as any quality rechargeable is good for 1-2 weeks of shaves. They usually recommend draining it down a ways rather than float charging to optimize battery life.

I bought my triple headed Philips/Norelco for $26 after discount/rebate from Kohls last year. It was listed for $78 originally. It's the 4th or 5th one I've owned with each lasting about 8-10 years. It's a friendly razor for wherever you take it. Recharge it at home (or on the road if you're a business traveler) every 1-2 weeks. I've yet to pay more than $30 for any of them.

Interesting, do you think leaving it in a cold car in the winter would drain the battery faster than would be useful? That's why I was thinking just plug it in to the dash so no battery to worry about.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Not my idea of a prudent decision for a safety minded adult.

I appreciate the concern for my well-being, but the whole operation would be about as distracting as scratching an itch on my face.

I'm not whipping up with hot lather to give myself a straight shave here...
19.gif

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Inverter.....

That would definitely be the business if they don't make one with a car plug built in.

If my life got so hectic that I could not spare a few moments to shave in peace of bathroom I'd reconsider what is wrong with my sad life.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
If my life got so hectic that I could not spare a few moments to shave in peace of bathroom I'd reconsider what is wrong with my sad life.

Gotta make a living. The idea is to leave earlier and have a leisurely commute, not worrying about being late because of the extra time.

Speaking of sad, Patriots looked a little sad tonight.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Is this for serious?

This can't be safe

Did you type this response on your smartphone driving down the road? That would be unsafe.

Buzzing around your face for a minute while watching the road isn't any more distracting than you make it.

Originally Posted By: SOHCman

Interesting, do you think leaving it in a cold car in the winter would drain the battery faster than would be useful? That's why I was thinking just plug it in to the dash so no battery to worry about.

It can't be any worse than having the razor in a travel bag that's checked at the airport in winter. If that concerned, find a cheap insulated bag/box to toss it in. I don't think it would harm the batteries any. Car or flash light batteries don't seem to mind the cold when left overnight.

As far as distracted driving if shaving for 1 min? How about reaching for the radio to adjust the station or volume? Or reaching across the seat for a donut or cup of coffee? I can think of dozens of things probably all of us do that would qualify as distracted driving. The biggest distraction short of taking your eyes off the road? That would be listening to music, utilizing a hands free phone, looking at a Navigation display, or a discussion with a passenger. All of those lessen your reaction time to what's coming at you. If you drive alone and never take your hands off the wheel, and your eyes off the road, then by all means, criticize putting an electric shaver to your face. If you drive a manual transmission, then odds highly favor you being distracted much more so than when driving an automatic. Maybe it's time you turn in your 6 speed and get a slush box.

Is this for serious?

This can't be safe

Did you type this response on your smartphone driving down the road? That would be unsafe.

Buzzing around your face for a minute while watching the road isn't any more distracting than you make it.

Not on my smartphone, 4G tablet.

It can't be any worse than having the razor in a travel bag that's checked at the airport in winter. If that concerned, find a cheap insulated bag/box to toss it in. I don't think it would harm the batteries any. Car or flash light batteries don't seem to mind the cold when left overnight.

As far as distracted driving if shaving for 1 min? How about reaching for the radio to adjust the station or volume? Or reaching across the seat for a donut or cup of coffee? I can think of dozens of things probably all of us do that would qualify as distracted driving. The biggest distraction short of taking your eyes off the road? That would be listening to music, utilizing a hands free phone, looking at a Navigation display, or a discussion with a passenger. All of those lessen your reaction time to what's coming at you. If you drive alone and never take your hands off the wheel, and your eyes off the road, then by all means, criticize putting an electric shaver to your face. If you drive a manual transmission, then odds highly favor you being distracted much more so than when driving an automatic. Maybe it's time you turn in your 6 speed and get a slush box.

It's a 5 speed.

Not on my smartphone, 4G tablet.

In that case, type away!

That's all we need is another distracted driver on the road. Why not just wake up earlier and keep the shaver at home.Too many air heads on the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back