95,000 mile Ford Focus under valve cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a lot of work to moms car this weekend the valve cover was starting to leak so I changed it . Look how good the engine looks. I change the oil every 5,000-7500 she ran Mobil 1 and Mobil super syn and synpower for the first 60,000 now she just uses pyb 5w20 at 5,000 oci she did go 13,000 once on Mobil 1 but usually she changes it close to on time.

25047c8.jpg

Originally Posted By: troyb43
Did you replace that motor mount?

Yes for the second time now. They're junk.

Looks good. Looks like like the underside of the valve cover off my moms 2.5 fusion with 97k with no history on the oil changes. Now im running PP 0w20 in it.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I did a lot of work to moms car this weekend the valve cover was starting to leak so I changed it . Look how good the engine looks. I change the oil every 5,000-7500 she ran Mobil 1 and Mobil super syn and synpower for the first 60,000 now she just uses pyb 5w20 at 5,000 oci she did go 13,000 once on Mobil 1 but usually she changes it close to on time.

Since Pennzoil causes sludge you may want to reconsider for cleanness sake. TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK.

Super clean engine.

Replaced the mount on the ''09 I had. Thought it was the plugs with the rough idle, but it made no difference. Was not a bad job to do, just appeared to be a cheap mount to start with

Looks really good. Seeing an engine that looks like that is very encouraging about its history and condition.

We had an old 4.0 OHV Ford Ranger we inherited with unknown history which required valve cover removal. Equally clean.

To contrast, a top end that looks like someone baked a cake would not be so encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back