Slight gas leak from fuel filler neck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like i have developed a small gas drip from the rear tank filler neck. Any tips for replacement for this piece? Or is there any repair I can do or product thank can seal it to stop the drip? It only leaks when I have a full tank.

Surprised it is not reflected in a Evaporator Code. I would check and tighten all the connecting hoses connected with the fill system. Ed

Originally Posted By: BigBuck
It only leaks when I have a full tank.

I can tell you the simplest way to make the problem disappear...
wink.gif

The first step is to pull up some parts drawings so that you know where the seals are located and how everything is assembled. The second step is to fill the tank up and go around feeling everything with your finger. Gasoline leaks are hard to see but they're easy to feel and easy to smell.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Gunkit with some gas resistant silicone sealer.

Which product do you recommend? How long would this type of fix last?

Get underneath, find the leak and fix it correctly. A low mileage vehicle with lot of miles to go, deserves a prober fix and not a patch. JMO. Ed

Those trucks don't have a grommet for the filler neck like a Mustang or Crown Vic, IIRC. They go directly into a port on the tank. I quote a lot of filler necks on these, Ford only services the complete filler neck as an assembly. I end up not selling a lot due to the cost.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Ebay fuel filler neck

I use ebay a lot for replacement parts.

Mine is the heavy duty and I couldn't find a replacement part searching ebay.

What product could be used for a temporary fix? Some epoxy or what?

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Get underneath, find the leak and fix it correctly. A low mileage vehicle with lot of miles to go, deserves a prober fix and not a patch. JMO. Ed

X2! I said exactly the same thing lol
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back