Motorcycle helmet similar to Snowmobile helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I took advantage of a sale at my local Canadian tire.
Online I saw that they have the attached helmet on sale

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/origine-aerion-modular-helmet-0272553p.html#.Vohx03nTmM8

After purchasing it, (and putting a deposit on it) I realized that it is actually a snowmobile helmet.

After carefully inspecting it, I've noticed it's built really well and seems to pass the ECE and DOT certifications.

Should I go ahead and use it? Or go back to the store and demand a refund?

thanks in advance

I use one of these to ride quads. The only thing you should know is it really is only rated as an open face helmet would be. The latches to keep the face down are not rated the same as an actual full face helmet is. Protects the noggin just fine though.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

After carefully inspecting it, I've noticed it's built really well and seems to pass the ECE and DOT certifications.

Does it have an approval sticker on the back, by the neck? If it doesn't, it might actually be illegal for road use.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

Does it have an approval sticker on the back, by the neck? If it doesn't, it might actually be illegal for road use.

yup, says Dot and some ece numbers after it.

I cannot get the link to open but without seeing a pic of the helmet you may need to just get a street shield and that is all. A snowmobile shield is not approved for street use. it also would not be very durable against repeated cleanings of bugs and such.

I use the same helmet for motorcycle or snowmobile riding. It's a full-face helmet that I bought at a motorcycle shop.

If I'm somewhere that one has to use a helmet with an ATV I use a minimal 'skid-lid'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back