duralast powersteering and alternator belts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the Gates timing and waterpump put in but had cheap duralast replacements for the other ones. Are they [censored] or decent?

Thanks!

They're made by dayco if I remember right. Probably same as their 'drive rite' line. Should work just fine.

Important thing is that you used a oem/gates timing belt.

Last edited:
I put Autozone belts and hoses on my Dodge back in 2004 and they are still on the engine. Don't know if they are made as good today but I wouldn't complain about the ones I have.

Cheap old school neoprene belts. Both Dayco & Gates offer value line belts i.e Duralast, Drive Rite, Napa Power Fit etc. OEM's and the top line name brands use EPDM belts in the premium products for long life. I always figure something that can leave me dead on the road needs a OEM/premium grade part. Swap them for a top grade Dayco or Gates within a year or two. FYI-I sold parts for 32+ years and I never recommend value line parts unless you are dumping the vehicle within a year.

Dave

Last edited:
Certainly not top-of-the-line but should work fine. Just use them until they start chirping and squealing like any other belt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bmod305
Cheap old school neoprene belts. Both Dayco & Gates offer value line belts i.e Duralast, Drive Rite, Napa Power Fit etc. OEM's and the top line name brands use EPDM belts in the premium products for long life. I always figure something that can leave me dead on the road needs a OEM/premium grade part. Swap them for a top grade Dayco or Gates within a year or two. FYI-I sold parts for 32+ years and I never recommend value line parts unless you are dumping the vehicle within a year.

Dave

I have not seen a non-epdm belt in years.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
I had the Gates timing and waterpump put in but had cheap duralast replacements for the other ones. Are they [censored] or decent?

Thanks!

They work okay but have a shorter life expectancy and are probably made offshore, replace it when its makes noise or shows cracking.

Yah, the mechanic I went to uses cheap parts but his rates are REAL low!. he Buys Autozone syn- cheap oil and had his goofball tech put a primeguard chinese piece of [censored] oil filter on my car and threw out the NAPA PLANTINUM. I told the owner not to change the oil!!! I only had 4650 on the oci!!! Tech also overfilled it so I had to go back and have some taken out today.. Owner said he will buy me the platinum next time I get my oil changed there. I will go elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back