13 Nissan Titan. Amsoil SS 5w30. 5021 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually dump my Titans oil between 7500 and 10K depending on what % of towing vs unloaded running.

I'll try to find an old UOA, but running 0w30 M1 it had plenty of TBN left but was shearing down at 10K.

The VK56 is supposed to be hard on oil, Im guessing its all the chains.

UD

Pretty sure its between 6.5-7 quarts with filter. Pretty big sump.

UD

Last edited:
I mostly use cheap conventional oil in my Titan. Sometimes synblend. Maybe a few synthetic quarts mixed in with predominance of conventional. It all gets drained every 5K miles. Using Wix filters and leave those on for 10K tho.

I ended up putting 5w30 Pennzoil Platinum back in. The engine is definitely quieter than with the Amsoil. I haven't driven it much yet so time will tell, but I felt like this truck had a tick that shouldn't have been there. It was the primary reason I did a UOA. It was definitely not the Injectors or an Exhaust leak.

This was the 2nd 5,000 mile run with Amsoil ASL 5w30.
With the Platinum all I hear are the Injectors now. Hopefully it stays this way. I will continue with the Platinum, and maybe do another UOA in a year.

Interesting, I tried Amsoil SS 5w30 in my wifes Nissan Quest 3.5 and it seems very quiet and smooth so far. The 3.5 has been pretty quiet overall as of yet.
The UOA sure didn't show any issues.

Originally Posted By: cronk
Interesting, I tried Amsoil SS 5w30 in my wifes Nissan Quest 3.5 and it seems very quiet and smooth so far. The 3.5 has been pretty quiet overall as of yet.
The UOA sure didn't show any issues.

Right. I would prefer to keep using Amsoil. The VK56 is known to have somewhat of a tick that mainly comes from the Driver Side Fender Well.

I used Amsoil in my 12 Frontier VQ40, and it sounded fine. I know the Amsoil did it's job fine protecting the motor. I will update as the miles accumulate with the Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back