Keurig 2.0 owners and older Keurig k-cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a K660 brewer and while most of the time the Kcups I buy are K2.0 compatible, occasionally the ones I buy, mostly ones from small independent outfits, aren't. Up til now I've been carefully peeling the foil lid off the 2.0 compatible cups and jamming them up onto the piercing spout thing to get the older cups to work but sometimes it takes me a half dozen attempts to get those lids to stick into place. Anyone here know of a better way?

And while I'm here, anyone know how to get better results from one of those self-brew cup things that let you use your own ground coffee? The one I use in my Keurig makes really weak coffee

I use the Ekobrew refillable kcups. They seem to make a decent cup of coffee. You may have to experiment with how much coffee and how fine a grind you use.

Rogers coffee makes a "freedom clip" that sits over the reader on the 2.0 systems. I like Rogers (San Francisco Bay Coffee) because it's good, inexpensive, and the pods are almost completely biodegradable. I recently upgraded our Keurig to the Vue 1200. It doesn't have the 2.0 system, but does have an adapter that allows it to use the Vue, K Cups or Carafe packs.

There are 2.0 compatible "solofill" cups. I have one that is purple and it works with my 2.0 machine. I thought about getting some orange yardsale price stickers for my old solofill cup. The Rodgers Coffee freedom clip had an orange dot that covers the sensor, fooling it.

What nonsense. My old keurig is getting about ready to die, I had to look up what 2.0 meant.

I usually buy the HEB San Antonio Blend, or their take on Kona coffee. Both are pretty good.

Beats cleaning a coffee pot every day. I only drink one cup per day anyways.

Better results? Sure, use real coffee in a real coffee maker. And grind it with a conical burr grinder just before brewing

These solo cups are so kewl, but at the expense of actual flavor.

It never fails to amaze me how people could care more about what they put in their car than their own bodies....

Last edited:
Mh shelf space is a bit limited, what with a microwave, induction cooker thing, a george foreman knockoff grille, can opener, coffee grinder that hasn't been used in a while, an old Tassimo, the Keurig and an electic kettle. Finding space for food preparation is sometimes a challenge here

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
I use the Ekobrew refillable kcups. They seem to make a decent cup of coffee. You may have to experiment with how much coffee and how fine a grind you use.

^^This

Originally Posted By: AlienBug

This is what we do too. It also saves a ton of waste!

Originally Posted By: Noey
Better results? Sure, use real coffee in a real coffee maker. And grind it with a conical burr grinder just before brewing

It never fails to amaze me how people could care more about what they put in their car than their own bodies....

+1
You can make good coffee for much less money than you can make a mediocre cup with any Keurig.
A good coffee maker is also cheaper to buy than the typical Keurig.
I've never understood the appeal of these Keurig things .

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

+1
You can make good coffee for much less money than you can make a mediocre cup with any Keurig.

You can't pay me enough for me to finish a cup of Keurig.

A real cup of Joe is double shot espresso in the morning.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

+1

I never understood the appeal of Maxwell House & Foldgers but you don't see me rushing into a thread about it....

Nothing wrong with Kuerigs, they produce better coffee consistently than out of cheaper makers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back