Canbus 3157 & 3157NA LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have waded through several sites and Google searches, but cannot find anything definitive. Has anyone found LEDs in the types noted that actually work and are brighter (at least 500 lumens) than the incandescents they replace WITHOUT having to use resistors?

Any tips would be most appreciated!

500 lumens would be 40watt incandescent equiv?

doubtful... Well someone may say that but its doubtful to be true.

also led's without a proper housing tend to be very directional and bright... not really ideal for automobiles in an incandescent housing.

I'm not saying dont do it.. I'm saying buyer beware.

Originally Posted By: Rand
500 lumens would be 40watt incandescent equiv? doubtful... Well someone may say that but its doubtful to be true. also led's without a proper housing tend to be very directional and bright... not really ideal for automobiles in an incandescent housing. I'm not saying dont do it.. I'm saying buyer beware.
The standard 3157 is about 400 lumens, I wanted one a little brighter. I have replaced all of the incandescents on my PSD with LED except the front/rear turn signals (3157s) and the headlights. They all work well and are not impacted by the fact they are in an incandescent housing--headlights would be a different matter and I am not looking to replace those (would require different housings).

Try https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Never used them before, but I've looked at their site before. They have been in business for at least 5 years, so for what I know, they are not your typical eBay fly-by-night Asian rip-off site.

From what I remember, they spec lumens, deminsions, watts, and if they ate Canbus compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back