Low Oil Prices: Saudi Arabia Says It's Ready To

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: AdmdeVilleneuve
Some additional discussion on collapsing crude oil prices. The linked video is short, but provides a good overview.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...s-in-oversupply

Some posters claimed that oil industry controls the price by controlling supply.

Why the oil industry flushed the market with so much more oil lately, if they can control supply ? Who likes to sell their products for less ?

They are punishing traitors like Russia (not in the Petrol Dollar camp) and shale oil producer (that tries to undercut the ME producers).

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Roads are national infrastructure and they benefit the economy as a whole.
There is no reason at all that road maintenance and construction should be in any way tied to fuel use or a tax thereon.
Let's reform the federal budget process instead and create a capital budget for those things that really should be counted as capital investment rather than current spending.
These are things worth borrowing money to finance, since they pay off over many years.
Let's also get back to reality a bit. Anyone who's done much traveling knows that the roads in this country are actually pretty good.
What about Germany?
Well, Texas is about as big and the interstates I've driven in Texas are easily as good as anything in Germany and are typically faster as well.
Our roads and bridges are not in the deplorable condition that some like to pretend they are and they are infrastructure that we should maintain, independent of any tax on fuel.
If we rely upon fuel taxes to pay for this infrastructure, then I suppose that Tesla drivers should get a free pass?
We need to get over the notion that fuel taxes should finance infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back