22psi for tires on an Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think when you send out the mass emails other people at the company go "there's that weird tire guy sending out emails again?"

I think you should check all the car tires and put the results in a spreadsheet that is emailed out monthly. Let them know that for just $1 a month, you will top off their tires too. Add $1 per tire for 80% Nitrogen
wink.gif

You could track pressure over time to see if any have slow leaks they should check out.

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
Do you think when you send out the mass emails other people at the company go "there's that weird tire guy sending out emails again?"

I'm more sneaky than that. I give it to the receptionist to do. Every so often she has to send out an email for someone to move their car, or that their lights are left on.

I'm not the only one who sends her stuff like this, btw. Once or twice she's said someone else has sent her that same info.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I think you should check all the car tires and put the results in a spreadsheet that is emailed out monthly. Let them know that for just $1 a month, you will top off their tires too. Add $1 per tire for 80% Nitrogen
wink.gif

You could track pressure over time to see if any have slow leaks they should check out.

wink.gif

Ha! Too much work.

I can usually eyeball a tire, which is why this one had me stumped. Caravans and Exploders usually have me thinking its low, but I know those actually "look" low when properly inflated. This one was on the edge, more bulge than I thought, and the rear tire lacked the bulge--usually all four tires look the same, that's a clue (but not necessarily always true).

It's a simple matter of leaving one's eyes open while walking.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: Leo99
part of your job is to inspect cars in the parking lot and notify the owners? Where do you work? That seems kind of strange to check other people's tire pressures.
very weird, I have never seen someone do this, and it is just weird to say the least.

What??!!? The OP is trying to be a friendly office mate. How/why is this strange? Plenty of reasons to be walking a parking lot too... The measurement was clearly a one time thing.

I told someone at the convenience store today that their tire was low. They said "thank you", and rove over to the free air machine and pumped up. Is that weird too?

I don't know too much about them but don't all cars made in the last 10 years have the tire monitoring alert system on the dash? Although, if they are all low, it thinks things are ok?

Went to lunch with a co worker and told him is tire was low. ...a week later we went again and it was still low. I said something again. ...He told me to shut up and stop bugging him. A month or so later on a cold snowy morning he didn't make it to work till 11:30am. Seems a certain tire blew out ...then the wheel was frozen on so he couldn't change it so called a service truck. Almost same scenario at my current work ...the guy ignored and his tire blew a bit later. He bought all new tires and said he needed new ones anyways to cover for his dumb move.

I give up trying to look out for others unless they ask for help. They never appreciate what you're saying or in their own mind they're so much smarter than you that and you couldn't possibly know a tire is low just by looking at it.

In the north east people are just not this friendly. Last time I said anything an old Saturn had a front wheel that was clearly about to fall off...made a mention was told to go [censored] myself.

Now even if the car is getting broken into not my problem, don't care.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
In the north east people are just not this friendly. Last time I said anything an old Saturn had a front wheel that was clearly about to fall off...made a mention was told to go [censored] myself.

Now even if the car is getting broken into not my problem, don't care.

Yet this AM in a wawa parking lot I told someone that their tire looked low (via a rolled down window and a wave no less, in the below freezing weather), and they thanked me and went to get air. I saw it with my own eyes.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: Leo99
part of your job is to inspect cars in the parking lot and notify the owners? Where do you work? That seems kind of strange to check other people's tire pressures.
very weird, I have never seen someone do this, and it is just weird to say the least.
What??!!? The OP is trying to be a friendly office mate. How/why is this strange? Plenty of reasons to be walking a parking lot too... The measurement was clearly a one time thing.

I told someone at the convenience store today that their tire was low. They said "thank you", and rove over to the free air machine and pumped up. Is that weird too?

Nobody gave him permission to check their tires. OP should never touch any property that doesn't belong to him without permission.

Once in a while I was next to someone at red light I saw fairly low pressure tire(s), I rolled down the window and told the driver that their tires were low, they thanked me and probably stopped somewhere to inflate their tires.

It is one thing to inform other drivers of their vehicle's condition, it is another doing something to their vehicles without permission.

Last edited:
We have a "tire checker" where I work but he only checks the younger females personal vehicles though. Visual inspection only, he then informs me that "so and so is going to need some air" (being as I work in the shop maintaining our fleet vehicles) and he eigerly awaits the return of said employees from the field to divulge his findings and be the hero. Then, at the worst possible time of my day, I get to stop what I'm doing to add a few psi here and there. One, now comes once a week to get "some air" rather than have a tire repaired.

Heck; I won't even apply tire pressure gauge to my own tires unless I have compressor handy. Every time gauge is applied a small air is let out of the system. For all I know the needle pin could get stuck inside and wont pop up on its own if it gets cockeyed!

The last thing you want to do is to physically touch somebody else's property without their permission.

I was one of the first local "adopters" of 185/70/15 rubber on Volvo sedans which came with 165/80/15s. People often waved and pointed at my tires. Now a 185/70 looks like a bike tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back