Brake pad change time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Do you know about friction ratings? Make sure if you buy something in store it's no less than FF which is the standard in pads these days. You may be able to find a GG pad like Wagner thermo quiet. Anything DD,EE,EF,FE she be avoided. If you can't see a friction rating anywhere on the pad itself or the backing plate run fast from that part.

I am loving my Wearever Platinum ceramics from advance they are FF and lower dusting. Most of the top pads at parts store are FF or better.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=294889&stc=1&d=1317139611

A lot of semi-metallic pads are EE or FE rated. I just received a box of Textar front pads for a 330ci and they are FE rated, and I'm sure the pads are going to perform fantastic (since that's what's currently on there).

The friction rating only tells part of the story.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
If you're considering Duralast Gold, I'd recommend not using them. I've put 5 sets on my mom's Buick Rendezvous. There's no excuse for 10k miles out of a set of brake pads. I only keep using them because they have a lifetime warranty.

That is extremely early wear. Have you checked for sticky calipers or brake lines that are bad? Does the driver of the car rest their foot on the brake pedal? Most folks, me included, have had excellent results with DLG.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
If you're considering Duralast Gold, I'd recommend not using them. I've put 5 sets on my mom's Buick Rendezvous. There's no excuse for 10k miles out of a set of brake pads. I only keep using them because they have a lifetime warranty.

That is extremely early wear. Have you checked for sticky calipers or brake lines that are bad? Does the driver of the car rest their foot on the brake pedal? Most folks, me included, have had excellent results with DLG.

I was going to say something similar. Are you getting everything lubed properly? Is Mom riding the brakes?

If warranty is a major concern, get the house brand Duralast. They could stop carrying TRW tomorrow and then where are you going to warranty them?

Ordered TRW pads from Amazon. FF rated. The main factor was it's an OE supplier.

This will be a temporary pad change until the weather gets warmer. Then I will have the inclination to change both the rotors and the pads on the car.

Let's see how they perform versus OEM, this will be a nice experiment for the BITOG community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back