Winter storm Jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
Looks ominous ...
27.gif

I'm sad that people have actually begun using these ridiculous names for winter storms made up by The Weather Channel.

I love the weather channels giving winter warning advice vis-a-vis loss of power/generators/keeping warm. Its like they are talking to people that have no clue as to how to prepare for loss of power....oh wait..most of them don't have a clue.

I love the weather channels giving winter warning advice vis-a-vis loss of power/generators/keeping warm. Its like they are talking to people that have no clue as to how to prepare for loss of power....oh wait..most of them don't have a clue.

Originally Posted By: Al

Exactly. Someone has to say it.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
I'm sad that people have actually begun using these ridiculous names for winter storms made up by The Weather Channel.

I agree. I mean they could at least tell us which Jonas brother the storm is referring to. That would make it easier for sure.

On a more serious note, I'm glad it isn't headed for Michigan. Be safe guys.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Exactly. Someone has to say it.

It's not like these areas don't get snow. Snow happens every year and some years we get dumped on. I say BRING IT ON!!!

Originally Posted By: car51
I say bring on the 1-3" snow

Ya know, naming a storm that produces less than 8-12" of snow is idiotic. Pretty soon they'll be naming all the Thunderstorms...cold fronts...and cow farts.

State of Emergency in Pa. for snow that is 24 hours away.

Our retarded Governor had to say something so the Joe Sixpacs think he is actually being a Governor.

Last edited:

Conspiracy.. gives Shop Rite business.

In any case.. +1 on 1 to three inches, I'll believe the predictions when and if it gets bad. They also said up to 60MPH winds.

Remember last year, when NO snow fell, but they told us not to drive? .. Renegades like me called [censored], and drove to work anyway. Made to fear any roaming police cars, that could then take a perfectly safe road (with NO snow, and lots of salt,) and ticket someone on a technicality. Sure enough, a few po-pos had pulled a few people. Good thing I could see for blocks away. No fear.

Yes, all the weather models, have for several days, had a large powerful storm wind up on the east coast.

If the storm center moves 100 miles further east, the snow totals can be a small fraction of what they are claiming will occur.

But that is not good to make people panic, watch the news, and spend lots of money trying to be 'safe' and prepared.

Growing up in the NE, and now living in Southern California, I miss actual weather. Nor'easters used to fill the air and me with so much energy.

Here if it sprinkles, the newscasters are out in force, standing in front of a puddle and start claiming the rain is going sideways, while making flakey jokes and stating the overwhelmingly obvious for those who have absolutely no common sense whatsoever, and have never seen an actual storm.

If a storm as powerful as a Nor'easter actually hit southern california, the panic would be amusing, the damage severe, the infrastructure ruined.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
Growing up in the NE, and now living in Southern California, I miss actual weather. Nor'easters used to fill the air and me with so much energy.

Here if it sprinkles, the newscasters are out in force, standing in front of a puddle and start claiming the rain is going sideways, while making flakey jokes and stating the overwhelmingly obvious for those who have absolutely no common sense whatsoever, and have never seen an actual storm.

If a storm as powerful as a Nor'easter actually hit southern California, the panic would be amusing, the damage severe, the infrastructure ruined.

For about 4-5 years, more than a drop of water from the air was a big event in So Cal.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight

Same here, I grew up in PA and loved the snow. Never thought I'd miss it when I moved to Mississippi. Moved back to PA in March 2015 so I never got to see much snowfall last year. As of right now they're calling for 16"-24", so I guess I'll get my snow!

In Virginia we're predicted to get 18-30 inches. I happen to love the snow and I work from home so it's great news to me.

I'm actually a bit bitter. None predicted for where I live. I think we've had like six inches total for this winter.

I am really bummed its not hitting the (ski) mountains for us. Only 12" thus far in coastal NH for entire year but I just want mountains to get it.

Originally Posted By: glock19
In Virginia we're predicted to get 18-30 inches. I happen to love the snow and I work from home so it's great news to me.

Here in CO, that's known as a Tuesday.
If we named all our snowstorms after boy-bands, then we'd run out quickly, and have to start using names like "LaQeesha"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back