Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20 and Bigfoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up on finding this oil. I have only found it on Amazon and it is like $130 for 3 5 Quart jugs. It is just too hard to find when I can stop by any Wal-mart or autoparts store and get the Platinum. I really wanted to use it so I contacted Pennzoil and they gave me the info for 4 Autozone stores and all 4 do not stock it and can not order it.

I think they should make the Platinum a standard synthetic and the Ultra renamed the Platinum, or do a gold (PYB), Silver (Platinum) and Platinum (Ultra). OTH they could just make more of the dang stuff. UUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH

I don't understand why Pennzoil will make and market a flagship product and never have it available anywhere?

I've run both Platinum and Ultra Platinum in the 4.0 Mustang. The Platinum made that engine run smooth as silk,the Ultra Platinum makes that notorious rough engine feel even more rough. After this run of PUP it's going back to either Platinum or M1.

You may actually have a better chance of finding Bigfoot before seeing PUP 0W20 on the shelf somewhere. I always used to get the old formula PU 5W20 from Walmart until they went on clearance and never appeared on the shelf again as PUP 5W20 or 0W20.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I don't understand why Pennzoil will make and market a flagship product and never have it available anywhere?

marketting 101 always says to have a flagship product without the intention that it will sell too much, as well as the budget option,
so people will buy the middle product.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

marketting 101 always says to have a flagship product without the intention that it will sell too much, as well as the budget option,

Is this what the other oil manufacturers do?

Originally Posted By: geekster

Considering that I've bought plenty of Mobil 1 in the past, but have never bought a single quart of M1 Extended Performance... maybe so.

SOPUS should study how Exxon/Mobil marketing their M1 and M1 EP. You can find both M1 and M1 EP of most grades at almost any local auto parts store and Walmart.

I also was a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum user however I could not count on any supplier to have it available when I needed it. So I switched to Mobil One EP and have never looked back. Mobil is available in every automotive store as well as Amazon, and Walmart. Go Mobil on your marketing and product availability. Also Pennzoil will not tell you there HTHS numbers so it is most difficult to evaluate their products

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: geekster

Considering that I've bought plenty of Mobil 1 in the past, but have never bought a single quart of M1 Extended Performance... maybe so.

Makes sense. I still think that EP is much easier to find than Ultra. In fact I can find EP at all of my oil haunts without a problem.

if you call that number they will tell you all the places to buy that oil but there wont be any reasonable priced stores like wal mart because wal mart only sells what people buy a lot of and most people don't want oil that costs that much.. Also if you noticed they dont put lots of pennzoil and quaker state on the shelves because the jugs leak... Ask a manager they will tell you.

If Pennzoil pushed longer drains on the PUP, they might see better sales results at Walmarts. My G37's severe service interval is 3750 miles. It's 3750 miles with PYB, 3750 miles with PP at double the price, and 3750 miles with PUP and more money, yet. With Mobil 1, I get a 10000 mile guarantee, and M1 EP, I get a 15000 mile guarantee. Castrol does much the same. RP even gives me a longer guarantee.

Pennzoil, unfortunately, has to figure out how to convince me to buy PP above PYB, let alone PU above either of them, or why I should be getting PP or PU ahead of the competition. Gold bottle Edge failed miserably up here, just like PU, until the Edge got the mileage guarantee. Now, it's everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back