Post Castrol Super Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the new SC any good? I am trying to get away from Bleche-Wite as my go to tire cleaner. I have stumbled upon to some CastrolSC a time or two and do like it. I do not like using it in large amounts in the way you dont want to use a chenille mitt or top shelf microfibers to clean wheels and tires.....

I have seen the Purple SC on shelves the past few years and never really gave it much mind, but I already like CastrolSC better than BlecheWite (going by the smell). I do not know how the Castrol SC I got will perform on tires and I do not plan to find out, but would like opinions and write-ups on what you think about how the new purple SC has worked on your tires..... I got a very small amount of Castrol SC on my hand and the burn felt better than alcohol and the scent felt much less harmful to my breathing organs than Bleche Wite does..........

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Is the new SC any good? I am trying to get away from Bleche-Wite as my go to tire cleaner. I have stumbled upon to some CastrolSC a time or two and do like it. I do not like using it in large amounts in the way you dont want to use a chenille mitt or top shelf microfibers to clean wheels and tires.....

I have seen the Purple SC on shelves the past few years and never really gave it much mind, but I already like CastrolSC better than BlecheWite (going by the smell). I do not know how the Castrol SC I got will perform on tires and I do not plan to find out, but would like opinions and write-ups on what you think about how the new purple SC has worked on your tires..... I got a very small amount of Castrol SC on my hand and the burn felt better than alcohol and the scent felt much less harmful to my breathing organs than Bleche Wite does..........
Castrol sold the cleaner business to a new company but the product works just as well.

I think either O'Reilly or Pep Boys has Purple Clean which is the same as Castrol Super Clean, just a new name from another company.

Purple Power is the same as Castrol Super Clean. I use that with a scrub brush to clean my tires. If your tires don't come clean with that method, they're not gonna come clean period. Purple Power is some serious cleaner. You can strip floor wax with that stuff.

I recommend this scrub brush -

41wBOFMrwlL._SY300_.jpg

Thanks for the reassurance Gentlemen!

Now I will return the approximate 1/2 gallon of concentrate to where I purchased it. It they wont accept it, maybe put it on Craigslist for five dollars then not accept money when they meet to pick it up..

..or....the storm drain at the street sure looks dirty!
wink.gif

I use Purple Power diluted with about 2-3 parts water to clean tires and wheels, plus other things around the house that are very dirty or greasy. It works great, and really cheap if you buy the bigger jugs of concentrate. A 2.5 gal jug lasts at least two years for me.

On the Purple website they have the regular purple then purple for tires and wheels. On the SDS, it had additional chemicals that really took some doin' to pronounce........ I plan to use PP/SC on tires from now on- I will check to see if they have a concentrate, or maybe it is all concentrate anyhow!

Ayway, I had a somewhat used gallon of BM Bleche Wite concentrate, an older Westley's bottle filled with diluted concentrate and an old top-trigger bottle we found in an old 1965 Ford Mustang. It is cool to see old logos from days gone by.

Wait a minute....I think we have some disambiguition going on..

There is Purple Power from Clean-Rite out of South Caroline
...and...

There is Super Clean from Minnesota.

so, maybe we will see how that goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back