Here's a weird one.,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I went out in the garage to grab my gas can to get filled in case I need it for my snow blower. I usually put a splash of carb cleaner and MMO in the can to treat the gas ahead of time. When I picked up the MMO, the bottle fractured into plastic shards in my hand. I didn't even try to twist the cap off yet. It's been in the 20's for the last 2 days or so, but I've never had this happen before. The bottle was about 1/2 full, so I had 16 oz's of MMO leaking thru my fingers with nothing handy to try and put the rest of it in.So now my garage smells like a combination of oil with a hint of mint.So be careful handling plastic bottles left out in the cold.,,,

I'd use a gas stabilizer myself with nothing else added. Be thankful you didn't get gas stabilizer on your hand(s). It soaks in your skin and smells for a few days.

Although the temperature was in the 20's you may have had a dip in the temperature that was a bit lower and the plastic gave it up.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Another reason not to use snake oils...

Exactly MMO has ZERO documented studies from recognized organizations like SAE to prove it is effective in any way except removing money from the buyers pocket.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Another reason not to use snake oils...

Exactly MMO has ZERO documented studies from recognized organizations like SAE to prove it is effective in any way except removing money from the buyers pocket.
crackmeup2.gif

Not to put TOO fine a point on it.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'd use a gas stabilizer myself with nothing else added. Be thankful you didn't get gas stabilizer on your hand(s). It soaks in your skin and smells for a few days.
I guess you could say I use MMO as a stabilizer. I started using it to pre-treat my mower and snowblower gas. I've never had a carb problem with either ,even tho they may sit for long periods of time unused. And the gas can sometime be over 6 months old. I've never had to take a carb apart or clean it with MMO in the gas. Some people will believe other peoples "facts" or tests, but I try things out myself to see if they work or not. Dosing the fuel beats having to disassemble a carb to clean it any day in my book.,,,

I've been using MMO in my 300 gallon bulk gasoline tank for several years with great results. I have several older carbureted engines that have benefited from its use. Due to what they are used for, long idle times followed by long non-use (upwards of 6 months) my carburetor issues have become non-existent. The engines that sit I have always used Stabil in, but with the addition of MMO I can now just start-up and so whatever was intended instead of playing "Carburetor Joe"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back