Kimber 357 revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty neat. I'd rather the frame be aluminum to knock down the weight. Even if that meant it was .38 only. Hopefully that version will follow to compete with the S&W 642. Sign me up for a 6 shooter that's about the size of a 5 shooter.

If I'm going with a revolver, I'll stick with a S&W or a Ruger. Both have been building revolvers forever. This is Kimber's first venture into the wheel gun market. I'll let someone else be the Guinea Pig.

Interesting, but pretty much a Ruger SP101 or S&W 640 with an extra round. They might sell a lot of them if they end up with a price closer to the aforementioned.

When you want simple, a revolver is a good choice.

When you want to send the very best,
To those that might invade your nest,
357 mag is a good choice.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
When you want simple, a revolver is a good choice.

When you want to send the very best,
To those that might invade your nest,
357 mag is a good choice.
I agree, I carry a 5 shot revolver now, light wgt, 38...works for me

Originally Posted By: billt460
If I'm going with a revolver, I'll stick with a S&W or a Ruger. Both have been building revolvers forever. This is Kimber's first venture into the wheel gun market. I'll let someone else be the Guinea Pig.

+1 for $899....nope. I just got a new stainless S&W 60 for about $620 last year.

Wow. Tough crowd. I don't see an idiot hole in the Kimber frame so that's a big plus over most any new S&W with the idiot hole.

Well I can certainly hope that they do it right and the gun is nicely built and reliable. Competition in the market is a good thing. And lets see a lightweight version with aluminum frame for concealed carry. I wouldn't carry a steel frame revolver personally.

2" barrels and 357's just don't go well together. A lot of powder wasted as flash and blast. 38 Gold Dot short barrel is great for 2", or the trusty 158gr. LSWC HP +P. A nice low recoil load is Buffalo Bores hard cast wadcutter; deep penetration and a full caliber hole through and through. Whatever load you pick make sure it has flash retardant powder.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Wow. Tough crowd. I don't see an idiot hole in the Kimber frame so that's a big plus over most any new S&W with the idiot hole.

Oh so I suppose you like infant children getting your guns when you leave them laying around the house loaded with cop killer bullets.
13.gif

BTw, the idiot hole is a candidate for Prez now....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
I am still lost

It's a lock that is on all new Smith & Wesson revolvers. It allows you to make the gun non functioning. "For the safety of the children", and other such liberal worries. You need a special "key" of sorts to activate it.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Al
I am still lost

It's a lock that is on all new Smith & Wesson revolvers. It allows you to make the gun non functioning. "For the safety of the children", and other such liberal worries. You need a special "key" of sorts to activate it.

Ah...OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back