Alternative to LM Motor Oil Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for an alternative to LM Motor Oil Saver. Cant find it locally any more (napa stopped selling it). I dont want to buyit online.
Is there a product that works as good as Motor Oil Saver? Have tried Lucas Oil Stabilizer with no luck. I use it to reduce my start up smoke.

RESTORE: Engine Restorer & Lubricant. It worked in my lawn mower and I am currently using it in my truck.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
RESTORE: Engine Restorer & Lubricant. It worked in my lawn mower and I am currently using it in my truck.

Do not use restore on anything except something you plan on keeping for a few months or less, it has soft copper that fills in cylinder walls and instantly plugs the oil filter into bypass creating additional wear, it's good to bump compression on a junker but never use it on something you value.

To the OP, try atp 205 if you can find it locally, I'm thinking you may have to order online for both though, which isn't a big deal since it's on Amazon

My 94 land cruiser has 435,000 mi on it and I plan on keeping it. Drive it about 500 mi a week and planning on a AK trip this summer. Not looking for a seal sweller, just a smoke reducer.

Last edited:
Napa should be able to order it for you if they don't stock it as a normal item. Maybe try talking to a manger? I've had napa counter clerks tell me outright they don't have product X, then I give them the part number and ask them to look it up for me. It comes right up and they can usually get it the next day. Had to do so with lubegard and peak global. Also with LM products.

You might be able to buy from napa online and have a pick up at store option. I think that's a location by location option, though.

Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
Napa should be able to order it for you if they don't stock it as a normal item. Maybe try talking to a manger? I've had napa counter clerks tell me outright they don't have product X, then I give them the part number and ask them to look it up for me. It comes right up and they can usually get it the next day. Had to do so with lubegard and peak global. Also with LM products.

You might be able to buy from napa online and have a pick up at store option. I think that's a location by location option, though.

Good idea

I did with some items by phone and they got it within 3-4 days.

So far I am happy with Rislone High Mileage Compression Repair that in my case works better than LM MOS, perhaps you may try the smoke repair if you notice obvious smoke. So far the Compression Repair reduce the oil consumption using 30-weight more than half compared if I use 40-weight.

THIS^^^

But it IS right in their Altrom catalog, so they will be able to order it in if they are not too lazy to do so.
wink.gif

Not a stop leak product but good for cars that use oil, Schaeffer's #132. It was once a popular additive here.

Originally Posted By: landtoy80
Sounds like Schaeffer's #132 is what I might need. Will give it a try. Lots of dealers near me, thanks demarpaint!

Anytime! It's a good product in certain applications, and was a favorite here years ago. Let us know if it helps.

Napa does still sell Motor Oil Saver. You wont find it searching "motor oil saver" or "Liqui Moly" or "Lubro Moly".
Is under "Altrom Chemicals" subcategory "Motor Oil Additive" and then you have to look at the can to see if its Motor Oil. Its called Motor Oil Saver for the MSDS link though.
Napa no longer has it under "Motor Oil Saver" for some reason.
Best way to search it is under is product number LM2020.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back