'14 Durango 3.6 pentastar; Trop-Artic 5w20, 6k

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second straight UOA for this Durango. My driving habits consist of state hwys and interstates with some stop and go traffic on my way home. Currently I'm driving about 50 miles round trip.

OLM was at 40% when I did the change. I planned on taking the T-A out to 7k miles but got cold feet and did a drain at 6k. Appears my fear was unwarranted. TBN of 4.0

Best two things about this oil:
1. It meets the Chrysler spec and
2. I paid $1.99 a quart.

Current fill is PUP, I plan on doing another UOA at the next drain.

Oil filter was Mopar.

[img:center]
cb661c1e0694e8b9d804843d81d9ef98_zps3ajbz2dy.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That copper is too high. Go with 5W-30 next time.

Someone mentioned in my last UOA thread that the 3.6s are known for throwing (Cu.)
21.gif

Honestly, the one thing I keep eyeing is the Si level.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Someone mentioned in my last UOA thread that the 3.6s are known for throwing (Cu.)
21.gif

Yeah, with 5W-20 they are!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
21.gif

Yeah, with 5W-20 they are!

Seen it with 5W-30 too, not just 5W-20.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Who sells this oil?

I get it at Orshelns, which is a regional farm supply store. Regular price is $3.79/qt but every 2-3 months they will run a special. That's when I stock up. Sale price is usually 1.89 or 1.99/qt.

Made by Connoco-Phillips, decent oil for the price.

Nice report! Run that to 10K or 0% OLM. The Pentastar has a large sump and changing it early is a waste of good oil, and lots of it.

Difference between 20 weight and 30 weight is often 1 - 1.5 CST. Aka: little to no difference.

My last vehicle as well as my current vehicle run the pentastar. Copper is always higher. My 2012 Grand Cherokee called for 5W30. Copper still ran in the 2O range regardless of which oil I ran. I am waiting on my UOA on my 2015. Nice report, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I recall reading somewhere the copper is coming from the oil cooler internals and is nothing to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back