First Time Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son came to visit me today. Part of my Christmas present from him was for him to detail my truck. He has NEVER used wax and has NEVER waxed a vehicle before. After teaching him how to use wax this was the end result of his work. I am very proud of him!
smile.gif

2r20nf9.jpg

5v2jqg.jpg

Blue: I am proud of you as a father and military veteran for teaching your son right!
smile.gif
. God bless you good sir. Truck looks GORGEOUS too

Originally Posted By: car51
Blue: I am proud of you as a father and military veteran for teaching your son right!
smile.gif
. God bless you good sir. Truck looks GORGEOUS too

car51, thank you so very much!
My son followed in my footsteps by doing the same work as I did, a pipe fitter. (I was a pipe fitter/welder/ABC Instructor) He went through his apprenticeship program (5 years) in FL through Local 123.
When my health caused me to move back to La. he followed me here to help me out.
After seeing that I was going to be ok and my g/f was going to help me out he moved to the Baton Rouge area and got a job at a local Ford dealership doing detail work, along with other misc. duties as well.
He enjoys what he is currently doing but will be going back into his trade, eventually.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Looks great, I really love those body styles with that cab/bed configuration!

Thanks 901Memphis!
That's why I bought it!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

What a nice gift! Glad he was willing to accept some instruction as part of his present to you! Always nice to have somebody willing to learn a new skill!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Very clean and good looking truck my friend.

Probably rust free too.
cool.gif

Thank You Sir, and yes it is.
When I was teaching my son yesterday I pulled up my outdoor sitting chair to the drivers side front fender to sit. I have a selection of high end wasxes, polishes, and sealants, but, I wanted this to be an ez peezy job for him. I chose Meguiar's Cleaner wax/paste.
I did the front fender, doing the overlapping circular motion. I waited for it to dry to the correct haze, all of this as his learning tools. He used Cobra microfiber towels to remove the wax and buff. I went inside the house and left him alone to do his thing. I was/am SO very proud of him! All of this work was done at my g/f's house.
thumbsup2.gif

axfp8n.jpg

Originally Posted By: pbm
Nice....and it's a Ford F-150...the best pickup made....

Must be why Chevy got truck of the year then.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Artemous
Originally Posted By: pbm
Nice....and it's a Ford F-150...the best pickup made....

Must be why Chevy got truck of the year then.
smile.gif

Must be why Ford has been the best selling truck for the last 39 years.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back