Meguiars G.C. Leather Conditioner...I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deep cleaned the Accords leather seats yesterday. I used a mixture of warm water and Woolite delicates (about 1 part Woolite to 8 parts water) to clean the seats. I bought a new paint brush and cut off about 1/2 inch to make the bristles more stiff then liberally sprayed it with the Woolite mixture and worked on one section of leather at a time, scrubbing in circular motions when wiping down with a damp cloth. I was shocked how clean they looked after! Its amazing how much dirt and grime is actually embedded in there that you don't realize exits until its gone. I did all the seats (removed front seat covers) then topped with Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner. I really like this products. I bought Lexol when I bought the car but don't care for the shine and sticky residue it leaves behind. The Meguiars leaves some shine but its not overly glossy, and I prefer the smell. It also has UV protection that Lexol lacks. Overall I am happy with the results and will continue using this product. Understand folks that most automotive leathers are coated in vinyl so the "conditioners" don't have the full effect on the actual leather, but some include UV protection that is beneficial. I also detailed the exterior, just a simple wash, wax as you dry, and wheel and tire cleaning. The last detail before she goes off to the body shop on Tuesday for some rust removal...praying and hoping she comes back with the all spots fixed and no damage! Here are some pics!
20160117_164200_zpse8tgytlx.jpg

20160117_164142_zpskifxdlge.jpg

20160117_164344_zpsptsruaex.jpg

20160117_163954_zpsujazmkq6.jpg

That is one good looking car. I wish I had your attention to detail, I'm pretty impatient.

I wash my car usually twice a week, but it's at the car wash. I bought an unlimited car wash plan for $9.95 a month. The paint on the roof and trunk lid is already toast from the AZ sun and the car is chipped and dinged so the car wash won't hurt it lol.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Looking good. I've gotta ask though, How'd a '12 Accord in FL get rust?

Don't want to know! I am guessing that the previous owner spent too much time around salt water / air and didn't clean it as often as she should have. This Tuesday I drop it off at the body shop so I am hoping and praying for the best outcome! Honda is covering it and a rental for 5 days on their dime which I am SO SO thankful for!

Very nice looking car. Sucks about the rust but good that you're getting it taken care of by Honda. Hard to believe a 4 year old car has bad enough rust to need repair, regardless of area.

I love this stuff - use it weekly on the Explorer and its kept the leather seats in perfect condition!

I'm a Leatherique man myself. Wonderful products. I have an old bottle of the regular megs stuff, it has a fake leather leather scent added to it that I don't care for.

Good tip on the woolite/water mix. I know the Honda leather has a tendency to grab dirt. My Dad has an EX-L with grey leather.

Just a warning.....since you are in the Sunshine State and lack tinted windows, you may want to apply more frequently to the headrest areas on the back seat. Other wise the sun may harden the leather- making it brittle. also, any other areas you think may need it.

And another thing, where I bought my boots the guy said you can over polish your leather and make it too soft and it will increase the likelihood of harm from wear.

Does the conditioner smell the same as the Meguiar G.C. Leather Wipes?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Very nice.

Thank you!

You're welcome. I enjoy pics of nicely done work with product names and a description of the procedure to get it done.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Just a warning.....since you are in the Sunshine State and lack tinted windows, you may want to apply more frequently to the headrest areas on the back seat. Other wise the sun may harden the leather- making it brittle. also, any other areas you think may need it.

And another thing, where I bought my boots the guy said you can over polish your leather and make it too soft and it will increase the likelihood of harm from wear.

Does the conditioner smell the same as the Meguiar G.C. Leather Wipes?

Thanks for the warning. I do however, have tinted windows and have been applying Aerospace 303 for UV protection. I have never tried the wipes so I am not sure. As to your comment on "over polishing" leather...I condition it once a month, is that to frequent?

The wipes have a completely different smell than the bottled conditioner. The wipes imo have that "hard candy" smell while the bottled has that leathery smell. Definitely good stuff!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Let's see pics of your rental as well as 0-60 and 1/4 mile times!

I don't my the cord to import pics from my phone to the computer so I just looked up the same car online. Its the base model, with the 2.4 GDI and 6 speed auto. I will write a review later this week, or early next week. This is incidental to the one I am driving...

2015-hyundai-sonata-brooklyn-ny-5063736528230482510-2.jpg

2015-hyundai-sonata-eco-inline1-photo-608447-s-original.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back