Shell Helix AF oil for ford: HX7 vs Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford WSS-M2C913-C SAE 5W-30 is the best oil for your engine.

We use Shell Helix Ultra AF 5w-30 in our workshop and in one of the tech's Fords, only oil that stopped his oil consumption (or didn't consume itself:)).

You cannot go wrong with this oil.

but that oil eats the bearings hence why ford engines usually die before they even get to 100k?

Triple QX (eurocarparts own brand) do an A5/B5 5w30 for cheap and ATM they have extra discounts. The forum chatter points to it using she'll base stock but afaik this has never been verified.
As for some worthless Anecdata, I regularly use TripleQX on friends and families vehicles and none of them have problems with pressure, consumption or sludging so I'll keep using it (except for in the Scirocco which only gets the best)

Originally Posted By: slybunda
could it not be 2.9?

Sure, it could be, but I'm just speaking from what we've seen on a vast variety of data sheets for GF-5 type 5w-30s. Besides, the HTHS data reported probably has a +/- 0.1 tolerance anyhow.

Originally Posted By: Grace_Jones
I need to buy some ford oil for my mondeo (mk3 1.8 duratec he). Having used shell oil before I know the motor runs smoothly on it, so I looked at the options available:

there is
1. Shell Helix Ultra professional AF 5w-30
2. Shell Helix HX7 professional AF 5w-30

What about Mobil super 3000 x1 fe?
http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/ca...a-fe-5w30.aspx#

It's specs:

Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30
Viscosity 5W-30
cSt @ 40ºC 53
cSt @ 100ºC 9.8
Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874 0.8
Phosphorous 0.05
Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 192
Density @15º C kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.85
Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97 -39

Is it better than the shell?

Whats the limit on how long the above oils can be used for?
Im guessing they are group 3 so does that mean change at 5k mile intervals? Or can the oil go longer?

Hyundai here in EU has up to (depends on your driving) 30.000kms OCI interval in diesels....in manuals they say Use Castrol or Shell...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back