Any tips for dealing with a crazy person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't inflate the bill, but I don't see any reason for not taking a retainer or money up front.

Pay your bill and we need $1000 in advance due to your previous slow payment. If the bill is less than $1000, we'll refund your money. If we reach $1000 and the work is not done, we'll stop until the bill is paid.

Mechanics can get a mechanics lien if it's really worth it.

Perhaps explaining that they may have the right to hold her vehicle until all bills are paid would be good enough to keep her off the property. But I'd check with a lawyer to see if that's the case.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
One: Do not lie to her about any "laws" or anything else. Lying makes you a lier

Two: Do not inflate the bill to run her off. - See one.

You have two basic issues. She needs to pay her old bill and you can't fix the car on her schedule. Deal with those - everything else is noise. As far as her issues with talking a lot and needed certain things to enter the parking lot or building. Your business (your bosses business?) can either accommodate her or not - someone needs to decide.

If you decide to accommodate her, remain professional and polite and accommodate her, while explaining that she needs to pay her bill. Tell her what you can do, not what you can't do.

I find it somewhat ironic that people around here are calling someone with OCD "crazy".

Are there any competitors or businesses you hate? Tell her you can't fix her truck, but they will be happy to help.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Start rattling off a bunch of jargon about motor oils, and show her that OCD works both ways. We are experts on the topics here, aren't we, OCD and oil (OCD about oil, specifically)?
wink.gif

Explain to her in excruciating detail the issue that may or may not exist with Purolator media tears or non-standard oil testing. Maybe she'll have an interesting opinion!

Man if he does that she may propose marriage haha:p There's nothing worse than a Chatty Cathy nutjob,and they will gravitate towards anyone who'll give them the time of day. Best way to handle this situation is to completely ignore this person and they'll get bored,go away,and find another victim.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Are there any competitors or businesses you hate? Tell her you can't fix her truck, but they will be happy to help.
wink.gif

Haha AWESOME!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Sometimes you have to fire a customer.

X2.

Cut her off. Your shop will have to eat the rest of the bill she owes, but any continued relationship with her will only cost you guys more money. She needs to be cut off. Some people are just [censored] bent on being headaches for everyone who has to deal with them.

She is likely coming to you guys because nobody else will deal with her anymore. Same with the people who come into where I work hyperventilating and making a crazy scene over the car key they lost, even though every alternate option they have either costs significantly more or has already refused them service.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142

She went out to her truck to get something and I locked the door behind her. She then began beating on our door, screaming and making a scene.

Ideas?

Yes, I have several that come to mind:

1. Propose marriage..lots of guys marry wackos
20.gif

2. Call the cops
3. Fix her truck for nothing
4. Call the cops
5. Take her to dinner
6. Call the cops
7. Stay open until 11:00pm just for her
8. Call the cops
9. Take her home to meet your parents
10. Call the cops

Ok are we seeing any pattern in my responses here yet?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Hey Chris, did you know the crazy person made a video? Here she is -

Ok...this is a good reason for the government to simply shut down the whole internet. Tim Berners-Lee would have probably killed himself if he knew his invention would have spawned this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
Tim Berners-Lee AL GORE would have probably kill himself if he knew his invention would have spawned this.

fixed it for ya.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Doog
Tim Berners-Lee AL GORE would have probably kill himself if he knew his invention would have spawned this.

fixed it for ya.

Al Gore never said he invented the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

True enough!

Now will you concede that Sarah Palin never said she could see Russia from her house?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: andrewg

True enough!

Now will you concede that Sarah Palin never said she could see Russia from her house?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp

300.fey.tina.lc.091508.jpg

Ha ha ha....well, to be fair to Governor Palin....she is FAR better looking than Tina Fey.....and can get out and get dirty in the woods, like a real woman!

skip the money. Think about reasons why you are too busy, need to take it to a authorized Toyota dealer, general vague terms to send her elsewhere and why she can't come in, etc. No good comes from further contact. This should be between government and her, not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back