VOA on Amsoil OEZ 0w-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any VOA on this oil? Preferably using OAI/Polaris Labs, being this is who I use.

This is what I now have in my wife's 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5L, after doing a 5K mi OCI of the factory fill Idemitsu 0w-20 it came with. Yes I know I should've flushed the FF a long time ago, so flame suit is on about that...lol.

Many thanks in advance :)

What do you want the VOA to show - they don't show much with new formulations. I bet its more viscous than the Idemitsu water. Me, I'd have 5w30 Magnetec in there. Wifes 2015 is clattering AND KNOCKING and using oil AFTER A TRIST WITH pp0W20. THATS 2 IN A ROW SUBARU THAT DIDNT HOLD UP WELL TO 20 GRADE.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
What do you want the VOA to show - they don't show much with new formulations. I bet its more viscous than the Idemitsu water. Me, I'd have 5w30 Magnetec in there. Wifes 2015 is clattering AND KNOCKING and using oil AFTER A TRIST WITH pp0W20. THATS 2 IN A ROW SUBARU THAT DIDNT HOLD UP WELL TO 20 GRADE.

If you would have stopped with the bolded text you would have been more effective. Just saying.

Originally Posted By: revupVQ
This is what I now have in my wife's 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5L, after doing a 5K mi OCI of the factory fill Idemitsu 0w-20 it came with. Yes I know I should've flushed the FF a long time ago, so flame suit is on about that...lol.

Why, what did you do wrong?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: revupVQ

Why, what did you do wrong?

Generally, I like to (some others as well) flush all that assembly lube and metals out not long after factory break-in period.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Check PQIA they tested the OE 5w30 in SN. The formulation should be similar if not the same.

Thanks I'll check it out. Best answer yet staying in context to my question and is appreciated.

But ... what do you want to see in a VOA? Moly? There are better things out there today than moly and it doesnt show on a VOA - that's why I said the VOA is pretty useless other than providing a way to calc VI and to see the KV #'s. 5k on factory is just a tad much - but I would be more worried about shearing to the bottom of the 20 grade range. Did the engine get clattery at the end of the OCI?

We've owned 8 subari.

Others have posted hundreds of VOA's in this forum section. Do you ask each of them why they did that? With all due respect, irrelevant question to me who's someone only searching for a VOA on an oil that is not found here on BITOG.

Agree, 5K was too long on Factory and is not my normal regiment on new/rebuilt engines, but it is what it is and glad it's drained, especially with 88ppm's of copper as one of the results.

The Idemitsu factory fill sheared to a 7.4 cSt @ 100*C. TBN down to 3.87, didn't run a TAN. No clatter/ticking at all and no oil consumption.

If you owned 8 of them you must be a big fan.
I owned that many Hondas and Acuras but the last Accord while it was OK made me stay away for awhile. They are not as good in quality as they once were. Got tired of the patented road noise.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
But ... what do you want to see in a VOA? Moly? There are better things out there today than moly and it doesnt show on a VOA - that's why I said the VOA is pretty useless other than providing a way to calc VI and to see the KV #'s. 5k on factory is just a tad much - but I would be more worried about shearing to the bottom of the 20 grade range. Did the engine get clattery at the end of the OCI?

We've owned 8 subari.

My wife likes em, me - meh. She wants to drive a stick CUV Subaru is the only one other than a rare Tiguan or a 2wd Mitsubishi.
I had a 93 Impreza 2wd, a Justy 3cyl and a SVX 6cyl boxer 2wd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back