No I don't have Facebook...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting new thread to avoid posting in Molakule's "what women want" thread...found this really funny (but know some people who don't)...

53495943.jpg

Haven't found the need yet for a Facebook account. Although my 77 yr old father does. lol...

I've found it useful in getting back in touch with people I knew long ago. Other than that, it's pretty worthless to me.

We set up a Facebook account for a high school reunion. Now there are people thereon who report every time they successfully break wind.

That is funny because its very true. I have a Facebook page but I haven't been in it in over 3 yrs. Because I got tired of it all due to the idea that "seemingly the world revolves around me or what I think, because I'm so important". I just think that is not a good way to live or think. It's not that we or I am not important. It's just that I think this has led to a big increase in the thinking that " its all about me". Which is becoming problematic for our society.

Last edited:
I'm on Facebook but have blocked almost everyone. Between Obama is [censored] and please pray for my uncle to Republicans are mean to "Guess what happened to me and I'm so mad but don't want to talk about it" posts.

Originally Posted By: 29662
Haven't found the need yet for a Facebook account. Although my 77 yr old father does. lol...

My 75 year old father uses twitter. And NASCAR chatrooms.

Too many people trying to 'one up' the other idiot.

Julie: We spent a week in Orlando visiting Mr Mouse
Beth: Our family spent 2 weeks skiing in Aspen, Colorado
Larry: We flew first class to Italy and spent 3 weeks sightseeing and shopping

David: I just got a 2016 Honda Accord LX
Jeffery: Singed the paperwork on my BMW today #SoAwesome
William: My Corvette should be arriving next week, I special ordered it

I'm 52 and don't use Facebook.

My new niece's baby pictures are only found on private facebook pages. If I want to see her, i sign up and log in, else drive 5000 miles.

Last edited:
I started a neighbor hood watch fb page.works well as not everybody knows each other but we can all ck in and see if a strange car is driving around or if a house got burgled etc

Originally Posted By: Kuato
I've found it useful in getting back in touch with people I knew long ago. Other than that, it's pretty worthless to me.

+1

Too many people blurting out their opinions and arguing, especially around election time... But it is fun to keep up with folks who would be tough to find otherwise. The ad hoc network that can form is quite nice for catching up with lost friends.

But the meme is correct...

I keep mine for pretty much family and some friends. Like to keep my circle close, and I do not deal much with drama.

Depends on who you friend, I guess.....

I don't do Facebook, twitter, I don't have any apps on a flip phone I can barely use. I miss POTS lines and a Western Electric push button desk phone.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
But it is fun to keep up with folks who would be tough to find otherwise. The ad hoc network that can form is quite nice for catching up with lost friends.

But the meme is correct...

I DO have "Facebook for F-Wits" as one of my workmates calls it ... linkedin. I use it similarly, but mostly for people that I have worked with, or otherwise made contact with.

Has some good boards where you can share professional experience.

And given that employers look there, emo memes and the like aren't the norm.

I don't have FB either and have zero interest in it but what is starting to burn my clutch are restaurants and automotive vendors who have their information hosted on FB. I can't see it because I am not on FB. I tried to look at a menu tonight at a restaurant I wanted to go to but, alas, it was FB'd.

confession: I use it to share pics of the children with fam. probably was in the 1st 500 people to reg for it.

but I have no idea how to respond to post like:

collegekid with status update > I just sharted in my pants

what do you do then? like the status update? so do ya comment, did ya clean ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back