UltraGauge '96 7.3 F-250 OBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a friend of mine an UltraGauge MX 1.3 for Christmas for his 1996 F-250 OBS with a 7.3 PowerStroke. When I ordered the UG, I had specified Ford 7.3 for their programming. It will allow the unit to read manufacturer specific gauges.

He plugs it in, it links up and reads the gauges present on the first page. When he switches to the second page, the engine begins to sputter and will stall.

Anyone experience this issue before? Figured I'd start here before contacting support at UG. Thanks.

I remember reading in the manual, that on some vehicles the UltraGauge can affect the car. I believe there are 2 settings that you may want to try - one is the force protocol setting (menu-vehicle setup-force protocol). The other is to change the 'refresh' in the gauge/page menu - if the UltraGauge refreshes too often, it can interfere with regular operation.

I'd send them an e-mail in the meantime or post on their forum. They seem helpful and knowledgeable.

You may want to take a look at the discussion here.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3970810/Re:_ScanGauge_-_A_Useful_Tool#Post3970810

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back