Lunch at the top of the Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
I'm dying that V8 Supercar hasn't come back to COTA. The Vintage Races are now the most awesome thing that happens there (no, I'm not an F1 fan, and honestly would be fine if it never came back).

I wish they would come back. If they are worried about the expense of coming here for one race, they could have another round at the Long Beach GP circuit.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
I'm dying that V8 Supercar hasn't come back to COTA. The Vintage Races are now the most awesome thing that happens there (no, I'm not an F1 fan, and honestly would be fine if it never came back).

I wish they would come back. If they are worried about the expense of coming here for one race, they could have another round at the Long Beach GP circuit.

This years race was quite a good one. They go right to mexico for the next weekend so its worth the trip I'd think.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: expat
Mountain?

Oh, you're one of those people who focusses on size ?

Well I guess size counts, the the technical aspects of the climb can also be a challange.
A few years back I made a solo, Alpine style assent of the Himmelbjerget (the mountain of heaven) Dk. Quite early in the season.
banana2.gif

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himmelbjerget

I went there for the race in 2002, the view from McPhillamy Park up the top is spectacular and the television coverage doesn't do any justice to how steep it is both up and down the mountain. You're lucky to have it literally on your doorstep Shannow, that's cool.

Jason.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I want to go to Mount Panorama so bad. That is on the list of places I must go when I go to Australia along with the MCG.

sweet, you picked it, I knew you would. That's a little shelter at Skyline.

I squealed the left front pretty well through the dipper at 50km/hr in my Nissan...still within the legal limit for the Mount.

Daughter asked how fast the race cars go...about 3 times as fast...

I also knew which "Mountain" it was, why else would you post it in this forum section?

How far was that spot in the pic from the actual course road surface?

The Australians there were impressed 2 Americans had the proper attire for our favorite makes.

That IS cool!
thumbsup2.gif

I'll bet many of the non-informed there were scratching their heads wondering what livery you were wearing.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I also knew which "Mountain" it was, why else would you post it in this forum section?

How far was that spot in the pic from the actual course road surface?

prolly less than 100 feet.

I turned a few laps on Mount Panorama on GT6 last night, I think I saw the spot you ate at, but I was trying to pay attention to the road lol. I love that track so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back