Redline 5w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the oil producers' msds look like .... 20-40% 1-decene....15-25% non-hazardous mateerials

It's way too vague even for the kitchen book, 20-40% flour and 15-25% sugar won't make you a decent cake, is it?
laugh.gif

MSDS come up all the time in threads but everyone should remember they are written to give emergency responders and firefighters information to clean up spills. As someone who wrote many of them for a large company, they are specifically not to divulge any proprietary information. In fact, where possible they are written to conceal such information - and if in the process are also misleading in that way, all the better.

Specific percentages of certain components are unimportant in an MSDS as you've seen.

Originally Posted By: zveroboy
It's way too vague even for the kitchen book, 20-40% flour and 15-25% sugar won't make you a decent cake, is it?
laugh.gif

That's why one has to be sceptical about deciding whether or not something is a technical synthetic by reading an MSDS. Dealing with a Red Line spill by emergency personnel is just the same as dealing with a spill of Pennzoil conventional. No one cares whether it's Group V, IV, or II.

Originally Posted By: zveroboy
Check out their MSDS. To see what's left as full POE (euro s. for exemple?)

http://www.redlineoil.com/techinfo.aspx

Anyway, I personally don't like full POE as car engine oils, for seal-compatibility and hydrophilicity issues.
For race engines (rebuilt quite often, they say), they may be useful.

Certainly I don't like agressive, belitteling marketing.

For whom it may concern: another full POE race oil is the new Selenia Racing 10w60, see their MSDS.

I didn't think any of the Redline oils were 100% POE - only significant percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back