2015 Honda Accord, Code P0088

Status
Not open for further replies.
I previously posted this on a Honda Accord forum but did not get any responses.

Two nights ago on my wife's drive home from work, she called and stated the car was "bogging down", didn't want to go above 50 and a number of dash lights were on: service engine, power steering, tire pressure and maybe traction control. I had her turn off the car, turn it back on, idiot lights still on. I had her drive the short distance home at 30 mph.

The following morning I looked at the car, didn't see anything obvious. The idiot lights mentioned above were still were on. I used a code reader which showed P0088 (Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too High). I reset the error code and took the car for a drive, no more "bogging down", no more idiot lights.

Current mileage is 7800. It was about 15 degrees that night when she drove home and did not warm up the car. Honda dealer is a 40 minute drive away so I'm not really interested in taking it there if the problem may have went away.

Any ideas what happened or what is going on, computer glitch?

When everything electric acts up at once, think of a central power or ground issue like loose connections at the battery. Power faults will also cause a lot of spurious codes to be set.

Does it have direct injection? It may have something weird in the fuel system going on. If it comes back, I'd not clear the code and carry it to the Honda dealer -- they'll fix whatever it is under warranty. They may be able to see the code as a history code right now, but if the light comes back on, it'll be a current code and certainly something they need to get after.

Edit: I see that you're far from the dealer. Tough spot...but I still think it's going to be the best option, if it comes back. You're under full warranty right now -- if you call Honda and complain that it's not safe to drive if it's bogging down, they should have it towed.

Last edited:
Don't reset codes as it helps the dealer diagnose. I'd see if it appears again or goes away.

Many of those lights come on related to Check Engine light and disable themselves. It could be battery related but then again Honda owns the problem too.

Originally Posted By: wormwood1978
P0088 (Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too High)

The fuel pressure regulator comes to mind.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: wormwood1978
P0088 (Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too High)

The fuel pressure regulator comes to mind.

In that case, he should only go to the dealer.

GDI engines keep fuel at 2000 PSI, and without the proper tool to lower the pressure, it is easy to get hurt.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Many of those lights come on related to Check Engine light and disable themselves. It could be battery related but then again Honda owns the problem too.

I know this is true with many late model vehicles. Any time a power-train related malfunction is indicated, it also lights up ABS, stability control and others. Pretty sure it's just to freak people out to the point of taking it immediately to the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back