Maintenance Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: artbuc
If you go to the trouble of removing the O2 (A/F?) sensors, replace them with new OEM or Denso.

The OEM are spendy! That's why! But I would only use OEM for sensors on a Honda. They can be picky. Haven't had issues so I'll just leave them welded into the exhaust...

Originally Posted By: dlayman
No problems, no "clean up" necessary, and might even create a problem. I'm at 300k on my civic with 5k conventional oil changes, uses 1/2 quart between changes. If you "feel" the idle, I strongly suspect motor mounts, a weak spot on many Hondas.

Yeah, more or less just curious if anyone had ideas that I'd feel like doing. None so far! The idle isn't horrible, just a tiny tremor. Mounts are fine. It just doesn't idle like its new any more. It's really just me being very very picky about the idle. But motor mounts, seat belts, and door lock actuators are a Homdas Achilles heel.

Originally Posted By: Yup
If you go to the trouble of removing the O2 (A/F?) sensors, replace them with new OEM or Denso.

The OEM are spendy! That's why! But I would only use OEM for sensors on a Honda. They can be picky. Haven't had issues so I'll just leave them welded into the exhaust...

That is why I said "...or Denso" which are a fraction of the cost of OEM.

Originally Posted By: Yup

That is why I said "...or Denso" which are a fraction of the cost of OEM.

Sadly, I've recently heard that ALL Denso AND NTK O2 sensors are now made in China, albeit hopefully with some maniacal Q.C. and oversight.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I'd clean the throttle body in place with a rag and TBI cleaner spray and clean the MAF with MAF cleaner spray.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back