Security Detail shows up at Malheur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying this for a LOOOONG time the tipping point for
a Second Revolutionary War (which our Founding Fathers predicted would eventually occur) is near at hand.

If the Feds attack that site, you can bet there will be a full scale war, and I'll tell you the Feds know that they might not win it, and many Americans will side with the Bundy's as well.

This country is divided, no doubt about it. Worse than I have ever seen it. I don't think we are even close to a civil war, though.

And just what point are these guys taking over the refuse trying to make?

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
This country is divided, no doubt about it. Worse than I have ever seen it. I don't think we are even close to a civil war, though.

I agree. A "Civil War" means we are all dead period. The 61 Nuc plants in the U/S. will melt down. You can't shoot radiation. That's something the survivalists haven't figured out.

Originally Posted By: Al

I agree. A "Civil War" means we are all dead period. The 61 Nuc plants in the U/S. will melt down. You can't shoot radiation. That's something the survivalists haven't figured out.

LOL. Survivalists make me laugh myself silly. I talked to a guy about 9 months ago who has invested his life savings ($282,000) into a post-apocalyptic armored survival vehicle with gun ports, sniper nest, etc.

I asked him, "Where do you buy gas when the world is over?". He seemed very perplexed by my question.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Al

LOL. Survivalists make me laugh myself silly. I talked to a guy about 9 months ago who has invested his life savings ($282,000) into a post-apocalyptic armored survival vehicle with gun ports, sniper nest, etc.

I asked him, "Where do you buy gas when the world is over?". He seemed very perplexed by my question.
You're not talking to a survivalist. You were talking to an idiot. An actual prepper/survivalist isn't going to be telling you about their preps.

It appears that the government is finding that rules, regulations, the Constitution and ordinary people are becoming a nuisance and do nothing but get in the way.

I hope they aren't inconveniencing hunters and folks that enjoy just viewing wildlife, not to mention:

"Only federally approved nontoxic shot may be used or be in possession while hunting on the refuge."

Just hooligans being silly.

Originally Posted By: hatt
]You're not talking to a survivalist. You were talking to an idiot. An actual prepper/survivalist isn't going to be telling you about their preps.

LOL..there isn't much of a prep for what I indicated.

"Witnesses say Steven Hammond and a hunting party illegally slaughtered deer on federal property in 2001, then started a fire to cover it up."

"The second arson conviction was for starting "back fires" in 2006 to save winter feed, despite a burn ban in effect because of high fire danger."

Arrest time-line here: [URL]http://wildfiretoday.com/2016/01/05/the-timeline-for-the-oregon-rancher-arsonists/[/url]

Jail seems fair to me.

Last edited:

Since nobody seemed to care about Waco it seems this will likely be ignored by the press as it doesn't fit their narrative.

I really can't see why anyone would want this land except for the mining rights, it's barely usable for grazing as is...

They don't care if there is feed. The uncared for cattle on Government land is disgusting.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Since nobody seemed to care about Waco it seems this will likely be ignored by the press as it doesn't fit their narrative.

I really can't see why anyone would want this land except for the mining rights, it's barely usable for grazing as is...

It's because of Ruby Ridge and Waco that policies and ROE have changed. Lots of criticism inside the belly of Uncle Sam after those two debacles (and for [censored] good reason). As for John Q. Public? Don't know...

Originally Posted By: totegoat
They don't care if there is feed. The uncared for cattle on Government land is disgusting.

You're probably right. I personally feel all these idiots care about is stirring the pot. They want to take land from the Feds- the "People's land" they say, and divvy it up among other ranchers, then run off the people who want to use the land for recreation. Yeah, their intentions are honorable... my [censored]!

As an aside, I'm completely flabbergasted that the state an federal LEOS didn't absolutely obliterate these mouth breathers when they started pulling their [censored] in Nevada. Since they didn't these morons have tried two or three other times at stirring the pot and intimidating federal land workers BEFORE this fiasco! I'm very curious as to why they didn't close down the area right off the bat to keep others, like the yahoos from Idaho out and to keep them from getting supplies in. Yes, mother Bundy posted to the internet that these people need supplies- among witch is FRENCH VANILLA CREAMER! Yeah, nothing says tough militant anti government type like having mommy ask others to send french vanilla creamer...

I just don't understand anyone supporting poachers. They are right there with drug dealers in my opinion. Simply trash.

What about extremely poor people that either hunt game, or starve? Are they "trash" like drug dealers.

Not speaking for totegoat, but those people aren't poachers (at least not to me). I would happily turn a blind eye to someone taking an animal out of season or without a license/tag if it meant putting food on an otherwise empty table. Those people are pretty rare anymore, but they do exist. Heck, I even used to be friends with a kid growing up whose step dad would, on occasion step out the back door and shoot a deer for food. We didn't have much money when I was young, but they had very little. Had to make every cent count.

What about extremely poor people that either hunt game, or starve? Are they "trash" like drug dealers.

We aren't talking about starving people.

Wasting game that could feed starving people should invoke much longer prison sentences.

"The guide said four bucks were crippled, but the Hammond hunting party did not track or collect any deer."

Really no doubt about the kind of people we are talking about.

"Rancher says he never asked Bundy to cut down fence Tim Puckett, the rancher who Ammon Bundy claimed to be acting at the behest of when he and others tore down a U.S. Fish and Wildlife fence on Monday, says he requested no such thing. Puckett says that "The protesters are quoting a representative who did not have the authority to speak on my behalf."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back