What bike (s) do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 90's paint job isn't fancy and faded on it but that is a good idea with the tape! I could always take the quick release front wheel off if I feel the need. sure they could carry it off but don't think they would...

2014 Trek Cobia

patapsco.jpg

Current solo riding setup.

dirty.jpg

after ride pics

dualsetup.jpg

How its currently setup.

Last edited:
Motobecane Grand Record road bike 2005. Just bought a Diamondback Axis Sport mountain bike today. Will pick it up in about a week. I look forward to a bike with disc brakes.

I have an old 1993 Diamondback Axis bike with Manitou front fork that needs new elastomers. I think I'm going to use it for an exercise bike with my Kinetic trainer.

I have a 1972 Raleigh Record that I've used intermittently through the years. I bought it new, and it's in beautiful shape. I'm getting it ready now for some summer riding.

Last edited:
Newest addition.. not sure on the year but it's in perfect condition. 133 on the odometer and the serial paper sticker is still on the frame. Paid half of what I did for the Specialized behind it. Not as fancy as some on here but it fits my needs.

CD04E405-059C-496F-874E-A201F446585D_zpsxh1ul9up.jpg

I knew a guy back in the early 1980s that had a high end bike that was incredibly lightweight. I can't remember how the brand name was spelled,but he always pronounced it "Hi-shack". Anyone know what this bike was?

1995 Reiker 537 hardtail. Used to ride about 600 kilometres a week on it, still running the original wheels hubs chain bottom bracket. Put a Ritchie folding tyre on it in 96 and [censored] if I can wear it out, still sticks well to the track. Been a fantastic bike for me. Needs a few dollars spent on it just to get it back to top condition, but I want a dually since I'm too old for a hardtail anymore.

2015 Giant Defy 1

15fg9wi.jpg

When she's on the rack

50fe2r.jpg

I will replace the FSA crankset and noname brake calipers with Shimano 105 when they're worn out.

Originally Posted By: dgunay

I will replace the FSA crankset and noname brake calipers with Shimano 105 when they're worn out.

105 is solid. My 2012 Scott CR-1 Team came with all-105 and it's been just great. Not a single issue. It's just now due for a chain and I've ridden it a lot.

Crisp shifting, good brakes (good brake feel, too).

Here's my new "all rounder"

2hcdkc6.jpg

I was on the fence between 7.3 and 7.4. Normally the price difference is $100, but 7.3 was on sale so the difference comes up to $200 after tax. The only differences are, 7.4 comes with the carbon fork and Deore rear derailleur whereas 7.3 has an aluminum fork and Alivio rear derailleur. I decided to go with the 7.3. Not worth the $200 premium for an all rounder.

Road bike is great for riding on a bike trail, but that's it. When it comes to the stop&go city riding, it is painful especially with the clipless pedals and long gear ratios.

So far, I am really happy with my hybrid bike. Since I already have black&white road bike, which is a boring color scheme, I just wanted to have something fancy, so that's why I picked green.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I knew a guy back in the early 1980s that had a high end bike that was incredibly lightweight. I can't remember how the brand name was spelled,but he always pronounced it "Hi-shack". Anyone know what this bike was?

I figured out what it was. It was called Hujsak. Do they still make these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back