Ridgid lifetime battery warranty comes through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a new pair of Li-Ion batteries for my 2009 18V hammer drill in the mail. Free shipping and re-registering was a 5 minute call.
Only one battery was truly dead, but the other was loosing capacity so they replaced both with better ones, 3 Ah with gauges on the batteries.
Anyways, for rough home owner use I think ridgid is the way to go. My drill has been run hard, with full discharge runs on a water pump to flood the 1/4 acre ice rink on the pond, even mud and grout bucket mixing, and its broken a few impact gun attachments.

Good to hear! I recently purchased a 12v Ridgid impact driver and cordless drill set. The battery warranty helped sway that decision.

They're probably banking on the fact that 95% of people can't keep track of a receipt for long enough to use the warranty, or people will just forget that it has a warranty. If everyone kept their receipts, they would eventually end up replacing every battery and they'd never be able to offer the warranty. Good to hear that they honor it with no hassle, though.

No receipt is required once the tool,battery etc. Is registered.

I have called on the lifetime warranty twice in the last 6-7 years. I have had no hassles
thumbsup2.gif

My local Ridgid service center is a long time electrical/power tool repair shop with a good reputation.

They told me "unless we see a tool that has been virtually vandalized, we will stick it to Ridgid for the repair or replacement"

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Nice. According to this they don't cover them.
Good to hear.
https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/full-lifetime-warranty

That's not the warranty for the cordless power tools. That for other items.

This is the warranty for the power tools:
https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/three-year-limited-lsa

A note to anyone reading this thread: people here keep saying Ridgid has a "lifetime warranty" on the batteries. That's not accurate. The tool and batteries have a 3-year warranty. They also come with a "lifetime service agreement." You have to jump through hoops to get the LSA, otherwise you just get a 3-year warranty.

Just a little more info to add, Ridgid is an Emerson brand, but the cordless power tools are made under license by TTI, the same company that makes Ryobi, Milwaukee and other brands.

That's true that its not a true life time warranty as it doesn't transfer past the original owner, but if you buy the tool new at home depot and spend 5 minutes signing up online for the life time service agreement, it becomes free batteries for life for you.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
A thread on Garage Journal reminded me of this thread. More opinions and first-hand experiences here on the service agreement:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316704

Seems crazy that people could have such different experiences? I'm sure the process is scripted in detail for anyone to run through in their call centre.
I just received an email confirmation that my new batteries have been registered. The new batteries have more snap than the old ones, but I haven't really tested them yet, only changed a couple trailer tires using my impact attachment which isn't really working them at all.
If we get some colder weather I might flood the pond ice with my portable pump, it is a full WO discharge with a few short breaks to move from hole to hole.

Update with my experience: The LSA got approved through email. No need to mail stuff in this time. Good to hear since we don't use them that often, and often need them when we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back