08-Jan-16

TIME ON OIL 0 hrs
OIL BRAND Klotz
OIL TYPE Snow X4
OIL GRADE 0w40

Metals (ppm)
Iron (Fe) 2
Chromium (Cr) Lead (Pb) Copper (Cu) Tin (Sn) Aluminium (Al) 1
Nickel (Ni) Silver (Ag) Titanium (Ti) Vanadium (V)
Contaminants (ppm)
Silicon (Si) 7
Sodium (Na) 368
Potassium (K) Additives (ppm)

Magnesium (Mg) 939
Calcium (Ca) 972
Barium (Ba) Phosphorus (P) 3168
Zinc (Zn) 1980
Molybdenum (Mo) 395
Boron (B)
Contaminants
Water (%) Coolant No

Physical Tests
Viscosity (cSt 40C) 75.2
Viscosity (cSt 100C) 12.4
Physical / Chemical
Total Base Number (mgKOH/g) 8.6

What kind of oil is it?

Phosphorus (P) 3168
Zinc (Zn) 1980

I don't remember the oil with 3000+ phosphorus last 20 years. May be misprint?

What do you mean by what kind of oil? Are you referring to the SAE weight? 0w40 Or brand? Klotz Or application? 4T snowmobiles Or group? group V synthetic
Or something else?

Do the 'snow machines' this oil is designed for use wet clutches like the crotch rockets do??
21.gif

No, they do not, they use external continuously variable transmissions (CVT's.) Klotz would tell you DO NOT use this oil in a wet clutch application (they have other oils for that.)

I thought the moly would be higher in that case, but, the ZDDP IS SKY HIGH, so I guess that makes up for it somewhat.

How how do these engines scream (wondering why the detergent pack is somewhat weak, as well as the boron, or does everyone just change out their oil every 50 hours of use or less?)?

Surprisingly, the resulting starting TBN is not too low.
21.gif

I've been using something similar in my 08 mustang this summer. Its the 0w40 auto racing version with 2200 zddp. I'm guessing these oils are caster oil based since their main product is 2 stroke caster oil. I tried it because I thought it would give the engine compartment a nice cherry smell. But it didn't.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Don't they call their base stock "Esterol"??

(Some say it has a banana-like smell to it.)

It smells like twizzler red licorice

I'd love to see an analysis of the auto version, 0w40. I wonder if its the same as the snow X4 above.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I've been using something similar in my 08 mustang this summer. Its the 0w40 auto racing version with 2200 zddp. I'm guessing these oils are caster oil based since their main product is 2 stroke caster oil. I tried it because I thought it would give the engine compartment a nice cherry smell. But it didn't.

What is caster oil? For a chair?

Originally Posted By: kschachn

You seem like a lost little boy. Do you need me to mentor you? Should I contract your mother?

airline? You schlepping baggage?

You seem like a lost little boy. Do you need me to mentor you? Should I contract your mother?

airline? You schlepping baggage?

Just wanted to know what caster oil is, that's all.

Just wanted to know what caster oil is, that's all.

Go to the pharmacy , get a bottle , take 2 tablespoons and report back.

I think the hardware store is a better bet for caster oil.

lol.gif
isn't that called 3-in-1 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back