Oil Supertankers Must Park - No Place to Offload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
SuperTanker parking lot in the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere! Its my fault, I just got an electric car and hybrid, waiting to gloat when prices go up later, but not now.
19.gif

Anyway, if you haven't seen this, it seems like a rare condition. Enjoy it while you can.

Ummm... think this is it for a long time.
As for your electric, smart move before the government stops subsidizing electric cars with our paychecks!
Anyway, without Washington DC, B.S. about man made global warming, that electric would be buried for another decade or more. The car would not sell without Washington DC borrowing money to give subsidies to lower the cost, then take from the taxpayers and payback the loans.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
SuperTanker parking lot in the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere! Its my fault, I just got an electric car and hybrid, waiting to gloat when prices go up later, but not now.
19.gif

Anyway, if you haven't seen this, it seems like a rare condition. Enjoy it while you can.

As for your electric, smart move before the government stops subsidizing electric cars with our paychecks!
Anyway, without Washington DC, B.S. about man made global warming, that electric would be buried for another decade or more. The car would not sell without Washington DC borrowing money to give subsidies to lower the cost, then take from the taxpayers and payback the loans.

This is an election year.. get ready for some true nonsense, defended to offensive levels. Right up until the hour of election. And getting worse as it nears..

Funny you should mention GoldmanSucks. A favorite book of mine, "the Big Short" is now a movie out in a few weeks, about the massive shenanigans on Wall Street we all suffer directly from. Where did you hear or read that GoldmanSucks rigged the aluminum market? Reminds me of the great cocoa scandal http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/business/global/25chocolate.html?_r=0 .

I read it on one of those tiny financial news website, and in the end CocaCola got so fed up it buy aluminum directly from Alcoa instead of going through the commodity "market" skewed by GS.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Anyway, without Washington DC, B.S. about man made global warming, that electric would be buried for another decade or more. The car would not sell without Washington DC borrowing money to give subsidies to lower the cost, then take from the taxpayers and payback the loans

We don't know how long the Saudis will keep producing lots of oil. Or how much the New Iran oil will affect it. Then factor in ISIS-MiddleEast war..... Of course the Saudis want to drive the price down right now, forcing others to hibernate (shut down oil exploration infrastructure), then they get the prices back up for a while, starting the whole cycle over again......

I was wondering if the current low oil prices (glut) makes Canada worried about their Oil Sands extraction costs. Found "The last place oil producers want to be when prices plummet to profit-demolishing lows is midstream on a billion-dollar project in one of the costliest parts of the planet to extract crude.
Yet that’s exactly where half a dozen oil sands operators from Suncor Energy Inc. to Brion Energy Corp. find themselves with prices for Canadian oil now hovering around $30 a barrel. While all around them projects have been postponed or canceled, their investments were judged too far along when the oil game suddenly moved from offense to defense."
---- http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...nneeded-barrels

Electric cars are interesting. Dealerships sell them for cheap right now, and Federal-State tax rebates greatly decrease the price as of now. I remember in the gas price shock of 2008, we only had hybrids and small cars (no all-electric cars) and you had to pay a couple of thousand extra to get anything fuel efficient. Maybe that will happen again in a couple of years when oil supplies rebound downward sharply.

For more electric car discussion: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3939625/Re:_Ford_Focus_Electric_-_Wow!#Post3939625
Real reason to own an electric is that its Bentley-Quiet, feels great to drive. Let your other car burn gasoline or diesel, help those stranded tankers. Do your part for the oil industry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back