Denso air filter china made

Status
Not open for further replies.
04 toyota highlander.
old one was made in usa, new one china, old one had markings on it indication "up" and front.
China one had no markings, media looked same/

its all woven, the sealing edge is also, woven or pressed looking, with a groove all around the edge, in it, no rubber, looks like the made in usa one

I have one that I see is made in china also. Like you said no marking etc.

I can't tell but the media may not be as thick / dense as the OEM Toyota with denso, USA, up, and front wrote on the filter.

I wish I had scales to see if they weight the same. Guess that would prove nothing......

I just received a new air filter element for my 04 Camry that I ordered from Amazon. Came in Toyota box. Element says made in USA.Denso remanufactured starter that I replaced recently also remanufactured in USA.

Why does it matter where it's made? It's more important who controls the manufacturing and sets the specifications. Denso is very reputable so there will be no difference in a filter made in thr US vs China. Same with tires. A Goodyear made in the US and a Goodyear made in China will meet the same exact specs and be identical. An off brand Chinese tire with a hokey name.......good luck. Taking a big risk there. It's all about who controls the process.

Last edited:
in my opinion many american ceos don't do much to control quality from china, the Japanese like makita and denso seem to be able to do it, but the americans not so much

I haven't seen what you claim with American based companies outsourcing to China. My new set of Goodyears for the wife's car say Made in China. Seem the same to me as the previous set that were the same model and stamped Made in USA. Both sets are the same models and meet the same specs. I trust Goodyear and believe name brand American companies do watch the quality closely from their China operations. No name brands on the other hand are use at your own risk. I personally rather pay less and have it come from China or Vietnam or Korea or Mexico than pay more just to have it say USA. It's a global economy. Goodyear makes tons of tires in China ans Chile with the Goodyear name. GM is making the new Buick model to be launched shortly in China and shipping it here. Saves they claim about $10 grand per vehicle. I use all Chinese no name tires on my wreckers. They all meet DOT specs. I don't use them on my personal cars but from a business standpoint we get a variety of truck tire names from China like Goodride and Samsung and Goldcoin. The size I need for my light duty wreckers (ford f450 550) are between $185-250 for the Chinese generics. The cheapest name brand is either Firestone or Continentsls and they are $385-400 per tire. That's a huge difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back