Lunch at the top of the Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty miserable here the last few days, and it was just my daughter and I home today. She turned 13 yesterday, and the local stores didn't have the clothes that she liked.

So I suggested that if she cut some sandwiches, I'd take he to the next town along the highway, we could shop, and have lunch.

Got all the gear that she wanted...birthday winnings only had $1 left.

Then I suggested we have lunch at the top of "The Mountain", and she smiled and said YEAH, that would be great.

Here's the view...
IMG_20160107_133507.jpg

That's really pretty man. I love being up on higher terrain and looking down on the areas below. Always the best view. Versus being in the valleys and looking up at the mountains or higher elevations. I think I'm part Billy goat
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
Mountain?

Oh, you're one of those people who focusses on size ?

Mountains are a subject close to my soul. While I am a Mt. Snob for sure; I can relate to the feeling of empowerment and elation the mountains provide. Farms and local mts were my life. First job was on a family farm at early age.

Fast forward to 19yr or so and some experiences int he White Mts. of NH and Green Mts. of VT and I was hooked. Only later did I realize my experiences solo on these mts throughout all seasons (no doubt winter especially) very much made me a man. Humility and knowing your place in the grand scheme has given me solid ground in life.

Fast forward; 43 and do very well $ wise. My love for mts and freedom they offer has never waned. Iv'e been atop many a list in the Northeast and am working on Colorado 14k's.

God bless you and keep taking her up high. It's great to see solid fathers. I appreciate your posting.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I want to go to Mount Panorama so bad. That is on the list of places I must go when I go to Australia along with the MCG.

sweet, you picked it, I knew you would. That's a little shelter at Skyline.

I squealed the left front pretty well through the dipper at 50km/hr in my Nissan...still within the legal limit for the Mount.

Daughter asked how fast the race cars go...about 3 times as fast...

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
God bless you and keep taking her up high. It's great to see solid fathers. I appreciate your posting.

thankyou

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I want to go to Mount Panorama so bad. That is on the list of places I must go when I go to Australia along with the MCG.

sweet, you picked it, I knew you would. That's a little shelter at Skyline.

I squealed the left front pretty well through the dipper at 50km/hr in my Nissan...still within the legal limit for the Mount.

I remember you had mentioned you lived near it before. And Mount Panorama is the only "Mountain" that matters. I can only imagine the view from Skyline in person is so much more spectacular that on TV.

Found this video of Craig Lowndes doing a lap at the 1000 this past year. He goes hands free on Conrod!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOwbl1Y6ac

Closest I have come to a V8 Supercar. My friend and I on the frontstretch at COTA after the last race of the weekend at the 2013 Austin 400. The Australians there were impressed 2 Americans had the proper attire for our favorite makes.

Originally Posted By: expat
Mountain?

If you think that's bad, go to Nut Mountain, Saskatchewan.
wink.gif
They do claim an elevation change that they called a mountain. Now, if one can find an elevation change without surveyors tools, I'd be very surprised.

I'd love to visit the Mountain sometime, and no, not Nut Mountain!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
This beautiful scene wan't on a cell phone. How will the young people ever experience the moment?

Plenty of young folks still hike mountains. I grew up in them and notice no difference now from then in amount and age group. I grew up in White Mountains.

Fun hike with your daughter. I try and get mine out also and they do enjoy it.

Great father! Great spot/photo!

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Now I see why you posted this in the racing subforum.
smile.gif

Beautiful! My dream home would be in the middle of a bout 2000 acres of craggy land. I'd want the house tucked in a protected valley by a stream but with a winding trail leading from the back door to the top of an overlook where I could take my morning coffee every day. :)

Closest I have come to a V8 Supercar. My friend and I on the frontstretch at COTA after the last race of the weekend at the 2013 Austin 400. The Australians there were impressed 2 Americans had the proper attire for our favorite makes.

I'm dying that V8 Supercar hasn't come back to COTA. The Vintage Races are now the most awesome thing that happens there (no, I'm not an F1 fan, and honestly would be fine if it never came back).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back