cause for concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Ive noticed this a few times with my Ranger, I never paid any mind to it but I figured I should ask regardless. Several times, while cleaning out my truck and taking all the stuff off the passenger side floor.(And this is always just after ive run the truck) Ive noticed its hot to the touch. Its obvious where the heat is coming from, as they have a cat that runs right underneath it, but my question is, should the whole floor be getting hot like that? I had a jacket on the floor and it was warm to the touch. The cat doesnt look to have much a heatshield though.

Have the back pressure tested. We use a neat adapter that screws in where the 02 sensor goes and tells if the cat is clogged.

Ford cats seem to be among the worst. I've seen some get so bad that they glowed red in daylight, making the car look like it had neon red lights under it.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Is the heat shield still there?

Agree. Also, if the cat were plugged, the engine would be performing poorly. A vacuum gauge would confirm a plugged cat without having to take anything apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back