can we fix the graemlins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're getting worse and worse. Now the smirk is broken. Try it. It's supposed to be a guy rolling his eyes but it's just an evil still gif now.

LOL has been broken for a while. Crackmeup is a poor substitute.

C'mon. Emoji are cool. BITOG can stay ahead of the curve.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: wwillson
smirk.gif

smirk works

It doesn't when viewed with Chrome.

It doesn't animate in any browser for me, does it for you?

Wayne

What emoji should I use when I have to visit BITOG through a proxy or my work ISP, a smiley face hanging himself from the rafters or clubbing himself into oblivion with a Unix manual?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
What emoji should I use when I have to visit BITOG through a proxy or my work ISP, a smiley face hanging himself from the rafters or clubbing himself into oblivion with a Unix manual?
wink.gif

If you look through UNIX manuals, then it should be a smiley...
smile.gif

Quote:
...a smiley face hanging himself from the rafters...

That would be reserved for the Tremec T-56 owners.
grin2.gif

I've been immersed in Linux too long to have been playing with much of anything beyond man pages. And, you should have seen me fumbling in Windows to run a traceroute. It really didn't help in Linux, either, that someone changed the packages slightly, and traceroute isn't a standalone thing anymore, at least not by default.

Mola: Or several other issues.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: wwillson
If I only had a dime for every time I've typed 'ifconfig' on a windows machine.....

Oh yes...... or sh int

Well, piping the traceroute to a text file worked without hiccups on Windows. However, I got to stare blankly at the screen for a few seconds when I typed 'ls' to make sure I was in a sensible directory to be placing such a file temporarily. One tech was doing some work on our surveillance cameras, which is done on Ubuntu. He was trying to copy a video on the command line, but was having a bear of a time until I explained to him that filenames are case sensitive.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back